Musebay???

GaryK26

So I posted a couple of tickets for sale a few weeks back (at face value) for 11th Apr @ O2 and have heard nothing back whatsoever. Given that I really cannot make that date, I have no other option but to list on stubhub (now owned by ebay) where in order to recoup my costs (due to fees), I have had to list at above face value (£60 rather than £51).

I've never been one to try and profiteer from gig tickets (having sold for other bands that I really wanted to see at a loss previously when unable to make it). So my question is, despite the bitching I hear about ticket profiteering, is Musebay really worthwhile/working?

Going off at a slight tangent, the fact that we have to purchase tickets so far in advance, it is no surprise that these situations arise. For big time acts like Muse, there is no question of the ticket allocation being sold out (or at the very least, all but sold out), so why can't they start selling tickets much nearer the time - like a month or 6 weeks before the actual gig when people have a much better idea as to whether they will be able to attend.

So I posted a couple of tickets for sale a few weeks back (at face value) for 11th Apr @ O2 and have heard nothing back whatsoever. Given that I really cannot make that date, I have no other option but to list on stubhub (now owned by ebay) where in order to recoup my costs (due to fees), I have had to list at above face value (£60 rather than £51).

I've never been one to try and profiteer from gig tickets (having sold for other bands that I really wanted to see at a loss previously when unable to make it). So my question is, despite the bitching I hear about ticket profiteering, is Musebay really worthwhile/working?

Going off at a slight tangent, the fact that we have to purchase tickets so far in advance, it is no surprise that these situations arise. For big time acts like Muse, there is no question of the ticket allocation being sold out (or at the very least, all but sold out), so why can't they start selling tickets much nearer the time - like a month or 6 weeks before the actual gig when people have a much better idea as to whether they will be able to attend.

I would say that MuseBay is working for our members, but there are never any guarantees. Regarding the time of selling tickets, I think that it works two ways - you either need to know in advance to get time off, or it's like your situation.