Highest note in non-classical song

maturefan

What note?

The answer is no anyway. It's not even the highest by Matt. Are you sure you mean Sunburn?

EDIT: Assuming you mean Showbiz, it's a G#5, same as in Micro Cuts and Survival. He does however hit an A5 in Hyper Music.

But anyway, it totally depends on what sort of notes you count. There are singers who hits notes in the 7th and possibly 8th octave, but it's in the whistle register (not actual whistling, in case you're wondering).

Personally I've heard falsetto up to at least Eb6.

Edited by Tjet

What note?

The answer is no anyway. It's not even the highest by Matt. Are you sure you mean Sunburn?

EDIT: Assuming you mean Showbiz, it's a G#5, same as in Micro Cuts and Survival. He does however hit an A5 in Hyper Music.

But anyway, it totally depends on what sort of notes you count. There are singers who hits notes in the 7th and possibly 8th octave, but it's in the whistle register (not actual whistling, in case you're wondering).

Personally I've heard falsetto up to at least Eb6.

I meant 'Showbiz.' :facepalm: So, Hyper Music has a higher note? I've never heard of teh whistle register. Is it different from falsetto?

whistle in like the 7th octave

and then we have Mariah ofc

A5 in Hyper Music

(background)

B5 in falsetto by Martin Grech

Eb6 iirc (can't pitch now)

Jeff Buckley has a great D6 that sadly isn't on youtube anymore.

This song by PATD has C#6s all over the place

Thanks. I won't watch Mariah; I can't stand her, except for 'Vision of Love' and 'All I Want For Christmas.'

One of my favourite broadcasters, Eamonn Holmes, once told a story about the time he was supposed to be interviewing Mariah on popular UK daytime programme, This Morning.

'One of her entourage said that Miss Carey was very tired and was lying down in her dressing room so I would have to interview her there. I said I was feeling very tired as well so I would just lie down with her. He said that wouldn't be possible so I told him, either she comes out here and sits down to be interviewed or I go there and lie down, too. The interview didn't take place.'

Edited by maturefan