Please mr kev

Repeaterbeater

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? It may be that your browser has corrupted at some point. Or try using a different one, like Chrome (although having tried it myself I have to say it's irrevocably shit) or Opera.

I'm currently using Chrome ;) Which pwns all over IE, I admit :LOL:

That might be why, Chrome is a piece of crap right now, it might not fully support scripts. Try IE again and see if the scripts work in that. If you can use the functions in that it'll tell you that it's the browser that's the problem.

Posting this on IE, no problem at all :facepalm: But IE is so slow :supersad:

chrome is certainly able to support the board scripts, as it's merely a tweaked up safari, so it's got to be something going on with your chrome install, does javascript work on other sites? though i'd be surprised if you accidently disabled js since i think you have to do that command line. do the icons to show pop up windows appear next to search and quick links in the nav bar? you could investigate the javascript console in the developer toolbar for answers too

chrome is certainly able to support the board scripts, as it's merely a tweaked up safari, so it's got to be something going on with your chrome install, does javascript work on other sites? though i'd be surprised if you accidently disabled js since i think you have to do that command line. do the icons to show pop up windows appear next to search and quick links in the nav bar? you could investigate the javascript console in the developer toolbar for answers too

It's worked before, it suddenly seemed to stop working around the time I did anti-virus scans and used CCleaner... Dunno if that may have affected it? I've defintely not touched any of the settings as far as I'm aware of.

Chrome Reinstall didn't help. I also just apparently installed Java by clicking "change" on one of the below options - I have:

Java 6 Upgrade 3

Java 6 Upgrade 4

Java 6 Upgrade 5

Java 6 Upgrade 7

Java SE Runtime Environment 6

Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Upgrade 1

Showing in my Programs List :confused:

Think I'll just not use Chrome :LOL:

Chrome Reinstall didn't help. I also just apparently installed Java by clicking "change" on one of the below options - I have:

Java 6 Upgrade 3

Java 6 Upgrade 4

Java 6 Upgrade 5

Java 6 Upgrade 7

Java SE Runtime Environment 6

Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Upgrade 1

Showing in my Programs List :confused:

Think I'll just not use Chrome :LOL:

edit: Ahh, according to the Google Help page I need Upgrade 10 :rolleyes:

java is actually a completely different language to javascript (despite their similar names) so none of that java stuff is related to the javascript problem.

could you try (just for my curiosity - if you still have chrome installed) going to the javascript console and in the console typing "is_saf" and press enter it should return either true or false (note you have to be on the board in chrome to do this)

that certainly makes things interesting. it looks like 2 key script files aren't loading for you, but clearly some are. i have no idea whats stopping them.

can you explore the head element in the console and look for the script tags that link to clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js?v=373 and clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=373 see if theres anything fishy about them.

perhaps try going to http://board.muse.mu/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js?v=373 and http://board.muse.mu/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=373 in chrome and see if they show a bunch of code like they're supposed to

Archived