EP Release!

joemckie

I just had a very odd thought about Constricted

I think the first verse would sound cool if it was just a banjo and vocals, then exploded into the chorus :LOL:

Hahahaha that actually sounds hilarious - Constricted Banjo Remix!

perhaps it could be a b-side

Hahahaha that actually sounds hilarious - Constricted Banjo Remix!

perhaps it could be a b-side

The guitar tone in the verse just made me think of a banjo, I think it'd actually sound pretty cool if it was all stripped back and just that :chuckle:

Hollow

The guitar tone on Hollow sounds very muffled. Very, very muffled.

I love the vocals on it, it feels very sexy and sinister.

Perhaps if you were recording it again try recording it without cymbals first and then record the cymbals so they don't drown out the rest of the kit as much.

The bass is a little low in the mix but I can still tell he did a great job of it.

The breakdown at the end as interesting, personally I'd have sped it up but it may have just been the feel you were going for.

Constricted

I can certainly hear what Will (Bucket_) is saying about the banjo sound. It would be very interesting.

Production-wise it basically the same as Hollow, guitar was a little muffed (although not as bad as Hollow), bass is a bit too low and the cymbals drown out the rest of the kit.

Parasite

Oh ho ho, loved this one!

This didn't have the production problems of the other two and the backing vocals added a lot to the song.

Personally I would have added a little reverb to the lead vocals to keep it in line with the ambiance of the rest.

Certainly a unique album. It doesn't take too much from a particular band (which is all too common).

On the production side of things there are improvements to be made but ye can really be blamed for that.

Hollow

The guitar tone on Hollow sounds very muffled. Very, very muffled.

I love the vocals on it, it feels very sexy and sinister.

Perhaps if you were recording it again try recording it without cymbals first and then record the cymbals so they don't drown out the rest of the kit as much.

The bass is a little low in the mix but I can still tell he did a great job of it.

The breakdown at the end as interesting, personally I'd have sped it up but it may have just been the feel you were going for.

Constricted

I can certainly hear what Will (Bucket_) is saying about the banjo sound. It would be very interesting.

Production-wise it basically the same as Hollow, guitar was a little muffed (although not as bad as Hollow), bass is a bit too low and the cymbals drown out the rest of the kit.

Parasite

Oh ho ho, loved this one!

This didn't have the production problems of the other two and the backing vocals added a lot to the song.

Personally I would have added a little reverb to the lead vocals to keep it in line with the ambiance of the rest.

Certainly a unique album. It doesn't take too much from a particular band (which is all too common).

On the production side of things there are improvements to be made but ye can really be blamed for that.

Wow thanks for taking the time to give details, it means a lot, we can use the feedback!

We produced the album ourselves so it's bound to have bits and pieces here and there that would need tweaking - we got to a part where we didn't want to do anything more to it for fear of making it just sound worse and over-produced :rolleyes:, and the Hollow tone is 100% different now, kinda had to wing-it in the studio and ended up hating it :( ah well!

It's kinda funny really, we're closing in on finishing our next batch of songs and the improvement on these is immense, completely different style!

Archived