Kawai CA-63 vs Yamaha CVP-501

crazybobbles

Buying a piano, right now stuck with these two bad boys

http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_cvp_501_pe.htm

and

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kawai_ca63_sb.htm

used to have a yahama cvp at school so kinda wanted one of those when i was wee but at the same time would very much prefer to have something that feels like a real piano so the crazy R3 mechanism on kawai does a better job. Only gripes about it is it doesn't have an Ebony Polish :(

So yeah, thoughts and such! I really want a digital piano now, the keystation pro just sounds like a tacky bit of mess atm

I'm going to say I've tried neither of those exact keyboards but after playing a Kawai keyboard and a Yamaha keyboard, the sound and feel of the Kawai has always struck me as being brilliant in comparison.

You'll probably find though that if you want to strand off track of the usual piano/digital keyboard/organ sounds the Yamaha will probably take the edge. Not sure what patches are on either of those keyboards though so I can't fill you in. I just took comparison of the Bellorz Kawai and the higher end yamaha keyboards.

How desperate are you for the Ebony polish?

I'm going to say I've tried neither of those exact keyboards but after playing a Kawai keyboard and a Yamaha keyboard, the sound and feel of the Kawai has always struck me as being brilliant in comparison.

You'll probably find though that if you want to strand off track of the usual piano/digital keyboard/organ sounds the Yamaha will probably take the edge. Not sure what patches are on either of those keyboards though so I can't fill you in. I just took comparison of the Bellorz Kawai and the higher end yamaha keyboards.

How desperate are you for the Ebony polish?

Ebony polish makes the thing classier by several notches! satin black just looks like normal furniture haha

But at the same time i kinda like having a slew of functions to play about with. the guide light thingys will be ace to learn tracks easily too, just download a midi of a song and pow! instant learnage

Ebony polish makes the thing classier by several notches! satin black just looks like normal furniture haha

But at the same time i kinda like having a slew of functions to play about with. the guide light thingys will be ace to learn tracks easily too, just download a midi of a song and pow! instant learnage

Like I said, it's a matter of what you want from it.

In the end, you'll probably ignore the feel/weight of the keys when playing after a while and you'll probably enjoy more versatility of sounds. From what it seems you look set on the Yamaha and it is not a bad choice by any means.

The Yamaha makes looks like you're behind the desk of a NASA control station.:LOL:

Like I said, it's a matter of what you want from it.

In the end, you'll probably ignore the feel/weight of the keys when playing after a while and you'll probably enjoy more versatility of sounds. From what it seems you look set on the Yamaha and it is not a bad choice by any means.

The Yamaha makes looks like you're behind the desk of a NASA control station.:LOL:

you'd think i'd be heading to the yamaha one but really i'm still set on the kawai, the features are less extensive but the quality is better than the yamaha.

but man having a nasa control station is fancier. in guitar world it's like comparing a realllly nice guitar with awesome tone to one that is flooded with kill switches, fuzz factories and all sorts of midi crap on it.

You could have just killed an old piano for that :awesome: there's a yamaha classic series I think that does that.

rather not sodomise a proper piano just to shove a stage piano in it :p plus the one i'm getting you can assemble it and shit. would have got the soundboard one (ca-93) if i didn't fear it getting mangled in transit (ie moving it up the stairs)

My personal choice, but I wasn't too sure if you wanted the versatility and ebony polish more :LOL:

Hope it goes well.

just needed swaying baby ;) but yeah, getting something authentic is more important. wooden keys, better sound and look less like nasa would be ideal (but the buttons do look fun!).

delivery is going to be 7-10 business days :(

Archived