Someone posted on the Atlanta thread and said that at 7:26am' date=' there were 9 people in line. Maybe that will be a good time to get there for everyone who's queueing for barrier at this show...[/quote']

saw that...:( I can't get to the venue that early damn it.. I have to get my kid off to school before I can leave the house. Depending on how the venue lets people in, i.e. several lines or one or two and people running, being the first 10 people won't necessarily determine where you will be on the barrier. Having done so many GA lines first people in line don't necessarily get you front and center barrier. It's all about who gets thru security the fastest and then whether you can run fast to the barrier. I have had people that were well behind me in line end up on the barrier right next to me. It is really a crapshoot..

saw that...:( I can't get to the venue that early damn it.. I have to get my kid off to school before I can leave the house. Depending on how the venue lets people in, i.e. several lines or one or two and people running, being the first 10 people won't necessarily determine where you will be on the barrier. Having done so many GA lines first people in line don't necessarily get you front and center barrier. It's all about who gets thru security the fastest and then whether you can run fast to the barrier. I have had people that were well behind me in line end up on the barrier right next to me. It is really a crapshoot..

thats so unfair though..i guess you just take the least things in with you and make it really easy for security to check you so you can get thru? and i thought if you run you get screwed by security..?

Just a heads up to those who are queueing/everyone driving a considerable amount to get there:

So I've been told that they are forecasting around an inch of snow to start the night of the 2nd and then start again in the evening on the 3rd, but I think by then it's supposed to only be flurries. This better not mess with my plans. The person who's driving me would have been driving four hours straight by the time we got to Baltimore, and they might not even do it at all if the roads seem sketchy. Hopefully Maryland can handle an inch of snow after the terror they went through a couple of weeks ago.

I also checked the weather online, here's the five day: http://www.accuweather.com/us/md/baltimore/21201/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

thats so unfair though..i guess you just take the least things in with you and make it really easy for security to check you so you can get thru? and i thought if you run you get screwed by security..?

i know it's really unfair. It would be great if security walked you to the barrier in order of the people in line but this isn't the case. They do tell you not to run but people always do. It depends how much they enforce it, some can be so strict they will actually stop you physically and make you walk. I have no idea how it's gonna go at this venue. I have never been here so I don't know what the security is like. I think the thing to do is when you get there start talking to them and ask how they are gonna work this show. I know I will, always do whenever I do GA. And it doesn't hurt to smooze it up with them that way you could also get some more info that they may not say to others.. Most security are really cool and fun to talk to in my past experiences.

i know it's really unfair. It would be great if security walked you to the barrier in order of the people in line but this isn't the case. They do tell you not to run but people always do. It depends how much they enforce it, some can be so strict they will actually stop you physically and make you walk. I have no idea how it's gonna go at this venue. I have never been here so I don't know what the security is like. I think the thing to do is when you get there start talking to them and ask how they are gonna work this show. I know I will, always do whenever I do GA. And it doesn't hurt to smooze it up with them that way you could also get some more info that they may not say to others.. Most security are really cool and fun to talk to in my past experiences.

yeah well we'll see il do my best to know ahead of time and to maybe sweet talk my way haha

I am coming in from Pittsburgh and will be at the arena around 10:30ish in the morning with my daughter and her friend. We are huge fans and this will be our first time seeing them live!!! I was wondering what are the chances of us getting barrier arriving at this time? I keep trying to reassure her that it may be pretty good being that the concert is during the middle of the week and not a weekend(work,school, etc...). Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

New here! This will be my first official Muse gig! I saw them open for U2 back in September. I'm counting down the days! Wednesday's going to be a complete waste of a work day for me, I'll just be listening to Muse and possibly leaving early to avoid traffic from DC to Baltimore. Anyone else in seats travelling from DC? What time are you planning on leaving? If I leave at 5, would I be cutting it too close? It's no biggie if I miss Silversun Pickups though, I'm not too thrilled with them.

I am coming in from Pittsburgh and will be at the arena around 10:30ish in the morning with my daughter and her friend. We are huge fans and this will be our first time seeing them live!!! I was wondering what are the chances of us getting barrier arriving at this time? I keep trying to reassure her that it may be pretty good being that the concert is during the middle of the week and not a weekend(work,school, etc...). Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

yeah im comin in from Pittsburgh too! except il be heading down on tuesday, and i about barrier. Im not positive about that time getting you barrier, but i do know that you will most defiantly get very close to barrier. But it really depends, you probably could get it but dont take my word for it!

GO STEELERS!

New here! This will be my first official Muse gig! I saw them open for U2 back in September. I'm counting down the days! Wednesday's going to be a complete waste of a work day for me, I'll just be listening to Muse and possibly leaving early to avoid traffic from DC to Baltimore. Anyone else in seats travelling from DC? What time are you planning on leaving? If I leave at 5, would I be cutting it too close? It's no biggie if I miss Silversun Pickups though, I'm not too thrilled with them.

I'm not sure how long the evening rush lasts, but the traffic on 95 north can get pretty treacherous if I'm remembering correctly, but if you're in seats and seeing SSPU doesn't really matter to you then you'll probably be fine.

Which brings up a question for me: My tickets say 7:30, does that mean that's when the show starts or is that when doors open?

I'm not sure how long the evening rush lasts, but the traffic on 95 north can get pretty treacherous if I'm remembering correctly, but if you're in seats and seeing SSPU doesn't really matter to you then you'll probably be fine.

Which brings up a question for me: My tickets say 7:30, does that mean that's when the show starts or is that when doors open?

i was wondering that same thing..il call ahead and talk to the areana probably tomorrow. I feel three days prior they will have enough exact information about it

Someone posted on the Atlanta thread and said that at 7:26am' date=' there were 9 people in line. Maybe that will be a good time to get there for everyone who's queueing for barrier at this show...[/quote']

:eek: 7:26am? aww... I'm getting to the Patriot Center gig at 9...

For this gig my mum is telling me I can't cut any classes so I'm going to end up getting there at around...4...4:30 :erm:

But, I've been told you can get anywhere in GA even if you get there late. Just not barrier.

:eek: 7:26am? aww... I'm getting to the Patriot Center gig at 9...

For this gig my mum is telling me I can't cut any classes so I'm going to end up getting there at around...4...4:30 :erm:

But, I've been told you can get anywhere in GA even if you get there late. Just not barrier.

yeahh me too..and im trying for barrier.. and im really really nervous now haha.

i just hope security goes right and we will all be justified for staying there all day for those trying to score barrier!

yeahh me too..and im trying for barrier.. and im really really nervous now haha.

i just hope security goes right and we will all be justified for staying there all day for those trying to score barrier!

yeah I'm really nervous and incredibly excited.

Security should go well. Hopefully. And these wrist bands, hopefully these go well too if we get them.

That's the start time of the show, doors will probably open an hour to an hour an a half before then. My VA show ticket says a time for doors opening, but it's the only one of my three shows that does.

yeah I'm really nervous and incredibly excited.

Security should go well. Hopefully. And these wrist bands, hopefully these go well too if we get them.

agreeedd.

That's the start time of the show, doors will probably open an hour to an hour an a half before then. My VA show ticket says a time for doors opening, but it's the only one of my three shows that does.

luckyy haha..we'll find out il call tomorrow

I'm trying to figure out which would be better, 95 or the B/W Pkwy. Or I may just decide to travel up 29 to 32 and cut over.

I'm pretty sure 7:30 is the show start. If it was the time that the doors open, that would be a pretty late show.

Archived