If it influences your decision, the weather's meant to be cloudy and humid and 26 degrees tomorrow. Sounds a bit warm for walking...but then again, a poorly ventilated bus would be no better.

I'd probably go for walking from the Domain, but that's just me. I'm a fan of longish walks listening to music.

Bloody hell, it's still 22 degrees here right now.

If it influences your decision, the weather's meant to be cloudy and humid and 26 degrees tomorrow. Sounds a bit warm for walking...but then again, a poorly ventilated bus would be no better.

I'd probably go for walking from the Domain, but that's just me. I'm a fan of longish walks listening to music.

Bloody hell, it's still 22 degrees here right now.

Yeah I know, its supposed to be cloudy. Hmm that might be fun, but then again I have to be there at 1:30pm and taking a walk will mean having to get there a bit earlier. $4 per hour for parking on Symonds Street is just outrageous.

It was so humid today.

Yeah, that's stupid. You sometimes wonder a bit about uni admin. Do they consider inefficiency and potential for incompetence important criteria in hiring employees?

The fact that I have to expend all this effort and cost just to get in there to do something I just know is going to take like 3 minutes is infuriating.

Although, on the positive side, when I was in town today (because I tried to do it today and the departmental head wasn't there :mad: ) I saw a book I want for $12.99. I have a $10 book voucher :awesome:

Yeah, hope so.

I hope the departmental head is there tomorrow! I think it's a bit wrong to take a day off this close to the start of semester (unless there are exceptional circumstances, of course), especially when students are required to make the effort to come in and get your signature.

Yeah, hope so.

I hope the departmental head is there tomorrow! I think it's a bit wrong to take a day off this close to the start of semester (unless there are exceptional circumstances, of course), especially when students are required to make the effort to come in and get your signature.

Yeah they said they would take my forms and hold them and I should come in and get them signed. Basically I just have to be there when they sign it.

The libraries around here are so lacking! Can't find any of the books I want in either Auckland Libraries or Waitakere! Seriously, get more than one copy of a book would you?

Oh, I know. Frustrating. I've almost given up on libraries. Borrowing books from friends and family, buying new ones by my favourite authors and occasionally borrowing some from the work book club's enough for me.

I like to buy my own books, but if I want to read something in a genre or style that I'm not familiar with, I'll borrow it. OR I WOULD IF I COULD FIND IT.

That's just useless for someone trying to try out a series for the first time. :noey:

Although someone at my work book club had the idea of reading a series backwards and having some mystery surrounding the characters' pasts. Interesting idea, but not sure I'd like it.