Giant's Stadium (9/23/09)

jkcampbell

Hey Jersey!

Well, I'm back from having my muse cherry popped last night. They were absolutely, mind-blowing incredible. They played for about an hour. They came out to a bit from Prokofiev, then opened with America (which sounded great!). After that, the rest of the set was:

Hysteria

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

United States of Eurasia (w/o Collateral Damage)

Starlight

Undisclosed Desires (I started going nuts when I saw the keytar)

Time Is Running Out

Uprising

Knights of Cydonia

My friends were only familiar with Starlight and TIRO before the show, but they were mighty impressed with them afterwards, and this seemed to be the general consensus. They bought the damn stadium down. I took some pictures, which I'll try to put up later.

MK, are you excited for tonight? How are you planning on getting there? I drove to Secaucus and took the train, which had some issues, but was probably still better than parking.

I'm glad they played for an hour (I thought 45 minutes was a bit short), but no "Unnatural Selection" or "MK Ultra," hmm, I'm surprised... :(

What was the "SmBH" solo like... guitar strings (and if so, familiar-sounding or novel?) or X-Y screen (and if the latter, scratch sounds, electronic bleeps, or what?)

I missed the Net streaming video for the first half of the show... but hope to catch videos of the whole thing on YouTube, eventually.

Stephanie

Oh thanks! No, I didn't have any problems with security. Simple point and shoot cameras were allowed. I tried taking some vids, but they came out pretty awful.

I saw they played PiB, but I think we might have gotten the better and longer playlist on Weds. Hoping some people will put stuff up on youtube.

That sounds great! The people I went with were there for U2, but they told me afterwards that Muse completely blew them away. I think there will be alot more converts now!

i also went and i had a great time! my cousin and her hubby came with me. they were there for u2 but when muse were done, they asked me to give them copies of their albums sooo thats good thing! i got recordings from that night but its not that great. i was hoping to see anyone with a muse shirt but no luck where i was.

Hi again, sanduca,

You've touched upon a tricky issue there. It's great that your cousin and her husband are interested in Muse, but it wouldn't be entirely fair to the band to just "give them copies of their albums," would it?

Might I suggest you direct them to the free and legal content online, like YouTube videos (you could even supply a short list of your faves), the audio and video downloads on Microcuts.net (ditto), and of course this website... and tactfully add that perusing this material will help them to better understand what's out there and refine their choices... for when they eventually make their purchases. That way you're helping them to get an immediate fix for free, while helping Muse's bottom line in the long run.

Regards,

Stephanie

Wow, steved1998, you've put up a LOT of videos of both bands... good work! I've watched most of your Muse ones, and a smattering of the U2 ones. That was a nice finish by Matt on "PiB," and it's touching how he tried to move around in "SmBH," despite the tiny confines of the inner ring, everything sounded great, and you really captured the feel of being on the floor.

I noticed that generally your Muse videos have had more views than your U2 ones; out of curiosity, have you publicized your clips on the U2.com (or similar) as you have here? (If you've only posted the link in Muse.mu, then the disparity is easily enough explained. But if you've publicized them in both, I wonder if the U2 site has been so flooded with links to clips that there's not enough eyeballs per video, or if there's less 'Net savvy in that camp, or a shallower fan interest -- or a combination of the above.)

Regards,

Stephanie