Make yourself at home; introductions.

Hey there!

I'm Stephanie; I live in Iselin, love Muse ('natch) and am largely indifferent to "The Boss" (my loss, I'm sure).

My hopes for this group is that we will grow to a point in which our numbers -- and possibly, our sheer obnoxiousness -- will make ignoring us Garden State-ers impossible.

Perhaps we will be able to organize well enough to buy Muse tickets and/or attend shows in groups, possibly even on a "VIP" level (although I don't know anything about how that's done)...?

Hi, Jennifer!

That's what I'm hoping we'll be up to doing... unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about buying blocks of tickets, as VIPs or otherwise (sounds very dangerous, too, given the costs involved and chances of people flaking out and leaving one holding the bag).

A more realistic expectation and benefit might be limited to organizing carpools for both short and long trips to shows, and maybe people hooking up in twos, threes, etc. to attend together.

And maybe to work on some coordinated samizdat camera-smuggling or somesuch... [grin]. Like, if a group of three or four fans went together, they might cough up a cheap disposable camera (on the point man in their team) without too much resistance or an attempt to hide it, and if the others reacted in horror ("omigod, they just got our only camera! We're screwed!..."), the real SLR camera or camcorder might get through, on another member of the team...

[message divided in two due to character limits]

...Methinks I should check out the movie "21" (about the M.I.T. blackjack card-counting team) or the book it's based on, to bone up on how small teams of people can get away with some pretty outrageous and covert antics...

Anyway, enjoy the show tomorrow... should be great! Will you have a seat or be on the field?

Stephanie

I have a seat, but its in the level right above the GA. I think my friends and family will be glad once its over since I haven't shut up about it since buying the tickets.

Since I don't really have any Muse friends, I would be up for organizing in 2s or 3s to go see a show. That's how I missed out seeing them play MSG a few years ago-didn't want to go alone and am still kicking myself!

I share your security concerns. So far my only Muse friends are you and MKUltra, and I haven't actually met either of you! I have a couple of other friends I've been slowly turning onto Muse, but it's slow going (they're not really into rock, let alone hard- and prog-rock), and they're not likely to want to go to a show anytime soon.

I'm also a bit on the short side (5'4"), so mosh pits are iffy. I've had good experiences and bad ones at shows re. visibility and crowd behavior. I was almost crushed once, at a football game (I was pressed so tightly I couldn't move my arms at all, and after 20 or 30 minutes of worsening conditions finally escaped by climbing a railing), and that scarred me for awhile.

So for both visibility and personal safety, I'm probably inclined towards assigned seating, too.

Nice! I'll have a report for both of you tomorrow. I'm going with a college friend, my cousin and his girlfriend, who are all big U2 fans (as am I). I'm going to try to convert them.

I just sent an email request to rxp for either Hysteria or Knights of Cydonia. Keep your ears open!

Hello! I'm Nomar. I'm from Staten Island, close enough to NJ to be in this cool group! I attempted to get tickets to see Muse at their Giants Stadium gigs. But it was too expensive! Then I attempted to get tickets to see them for the VMA's show. I got the tickets, got in line, and got rejected close to the entrance... But I will attempt to get some tickets for Spring of 2010. But sadly I'm to young to partake in going to Muse gigs with you guys. Maybe in a year or two. lol

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, I'm Ryan. I currently go to school in Connecticut, but my permanent home is in Oceanport (representin' Monmouth County). It's nearly right on the beach. IT's a neighboring town of Long Branch, so you know that Sandy Hook area? That's me. I live on the Jersey Shore, but I don't GTL or fist pump.