Please help me.

I've recently started learning to play the piano, and I have the written sheet music for Starlight. However, in the book I got from this site, it does not show flats or sharps. I looked on Youtube and the notes contained flats and sharps. Also, there are a few notes in my book that I don't know the names of. I need someone experienced to offer me some help. I get frustrated easily so I started getting angry and crying when I got confused today. My email is : justmeamy1@gmail.com if anyone can help me. Thanks. :)

let me give you some honest advise. throw the sheets out of the window and start exploring and experimenting with the keys. It might be more frustrating and time consuming at the start but you'll train your ear to pick things up very easily. And you'll have the great feeling of "discovering" how to play the song and not waiting for other people to tell you how to play it.

I sat down one day and

without looking at a single written note.

good luck

:)

I've recently started learning to play the piano, and I have the written sheet music for Starlight. However, in the book I got from this site, it does not show flats or sharps. I looked on Youtube and the notes contained flats and sharps. Also, there are a few notes in my book that I don't know the names of. I need someone experienced to offer me some help. I get frustrated easily so I started getting angry and crying when I got confused today. My email is : justmeamy1@gmail.com if anyone can help me. Thanks.

Wrong section to post this in. this should be in the kits and tabs section.

If there is no notes or sharps then my guess is that the sheet music you have has the key signature set at the beginning of the measure. Which means you don't have to write the accidentals in the sheet music as it's already advised you what scale you should be using.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_signature

Use the below link should visually show you what key signature does. Click on each sentence

http://www.musictheory.net/lessons/24