Pedrolatro

I'd like to share with Muse and fans this piece of illustration I've worked on recently.

It's an art made for the covar/inner folder of 2nd Law, based mostly on the bonus song "Unsustainable" and on the 2nd law of thermodynamics (cover and first page, "2ND LAW BACK.jpg"), and specially on the songs "Supremacy", "Survival", "Animals" and "Big Freeze", but taking into account the vibes and energy that the other songs on the album carry along (inner part of the folder, "2ND LAW FRONT.jpg").

The outer images are a synthesis of what's to come later, representing the "infinite progress" intent bringing the whole structure to collapse ("Unsustainable").

The image on the inner part represents a society starting from scratch after a natural disaster ("Survival" and "Madness"), growing into an anarchic state ("Panic Station") that ended up on war ("Prelude" and "Survival"), leaving only those who managed to fit into groups to survive ("Follow Me"). While the groups with power and lands competed and merged together into one single mass ("Animals"), those to the margin of society fond their way exploring science, art, and all kinds of limits and possibilities for life ("Explorers"). When the interests of both these kinds of groups come together, an era of rapid and dinamic progress would begin, which, on the other hand, would make clear that nature was finding its way through showing who truly rules again ("Big Freeze", and that's where we, 21st century people, would fit in all this). Finally, in the last moments before the catastrophe begins, there is the absolute end of hope, and with it, the possibility to find bliss in the sublime view of such power ("Save Me"), and finally, that power expressing itsels, and making clear that nothing, nothing is solid enough to resist it ("Liquid State"). And then it all begins again.

Hope you like it, and specially, hope this post gets enough attention so that anyone involved with the band might see and enjoy this trip like I did! :D

1556179537_2NDLAWBack.thumb.jpg.e156b065bc1bef2e2ddeac7631117b82.jpg

1767520203_2NDLAWFront.thumb.jpg.ba9df0b8348aae2ad38da602f00b45c3.jpg

• Like 1