GT100 or ME70?

joemckie

Hey there, first off - feel free to slap the back of my hands if this is in the wrong place.

Anyways, I'm looking to buy a multi effects, and I'm looking between the ME70 and GT100. I was wondering if I could get some opinions between the two?

I'm a little confused as to how versatile effects-wise the GT100 is, it's labelled as an Amp Effects pedalboard, and the ME70 is a Guitar Effects pedalboard... the ME70 looks a little easier to use but probably has less options(?)...

Anyway, would be very interested in hearing what people have to offer :)

from what i can see, the GT100 has a built in amp modeler

i suppose it's down to whether or not you need that. if you just want various effects, i imagine the ME-70 would be fine

Essentially, my band writes original music and I need something to experiment different tones with without having to think "if only I could try that effect on that song, but I don't have the pedal or the money to buy it". Another tipping point in favour of the GT100 is the fact that when we play live I'm singing and playing guitar is being able to change my effects in the touch of one button instead of 5 is a big advantage!

I have been using the ME70 for ages and love it. I dont tend to use the pedal on it for anything other than volume as the effects on it arnt that great for example a whammy does the octave shifting much better. Using the ME70 is really easy and straightforward and you can get some really good sounds out of it. I dont know much about the GT100 but I can tell you the ME70 has served me well and I have had no problems with it since getting it. Only slight issue is that the footswitches are close together and when playing live you can accidentally hit two at once and go into the tuner or out of preset mode. This has only been an issue for me once but if you have wide feet beware :) hope this is helpful!

Another tipping point in favour of the GT100 is the fact that when we play live I'm singing and playing guitar is being able to change my effects in the touch of one button instead of 5 is a big advantage!

ME can do this

using the dialed in "bank" mode on the ME70 works the same in that you change all the effects by pressing the one footswitch where the effect is saved on the ME70. on the ME though you are limited to 4 different effects per bank so if you wanted to use more than 4 (unlikely i guess) for one song it would be a problem otherwise it should be fine.

Archived