Museicals

SoberBaby

Okay, so maybe my idea is not that original. However, being a theatre person and a huge Muse fan I wouldn't put their catalogue into a cheese fest for broadway. My idea comes in a SERIES of musicals that encompass each album starting with Origin of Symmetry and ending, most likely, with The 2nd Law. Each muscial will include the Japanese bonus tracks and some tracks from the singles. The only album that will be left out is H.A.A.R.P, simply because it's live. And the Live portion of Hullaballoo will also be left out. I plan on substituting Hyper Chondriac music with Dead Star instead. If you guys are interested I can pretty much tell you the plot of each installment. :)

P.S: They weren't made for the stage, they were made for the screen.

So, I'll just give you the plot to the first one since each album has one. I plan on calling it "Megalomusical" or just Origin of Symmetry, either way. We meet our protagonist Kane in a setting in the near future, probably 20 or 30 years from now. The whole series revolves around the Exogen Corporation, a company that sells weapons to the military, their H8 branch (which connects technology to the battlefield) has come up with a revolution in artificial intelligence called Dopplegangers(or however you spell that). Basically these creations are more machine than man, but they're still prototypes. They take on the form of the soldier whose DNA finds its way into their programming. Kane, a young 20 something private in the army is in the troupe they chose to test it on...but first they need DNA. Each member of his troupe gets blood drawn.

Change scene to H8 labs in the Deserts of Arizona. This is where we get the music part. The first Doppleganger gets its DNA from Kane's best friend Charlie....however everything goes awry because of course there was a mysterious error in this ones programming. It kills the lone scientist in the room with brute strength but takes on the one item he had to pass his time...an electric guitar. This is what it uses as a weapon. It connects itself with the inner makings of the guitar and amp and combine them to make an electric discharge triggered by each strum..........................................................................The song we present is New Born.

Are you still interested?

So, I'll just give you the plot to the first one since each album has one. I plan on calling it "Megalomusical" or just Origin of Symmetry, either way. We meet our protagonist Kane in a setting in the near future, probably 20 or 30 years from now. The whole series revolves around the Exogen Corporation, a company that sells weapons to the military, their H8 branch (which connects technology to the battlefield) has come up with a revolution in artificial intelligence called Dopplegangers(or however you spell that). Basically these creations are more machine than man, but they're still prototypes. They take on the form of the soldier whose DNA finds its way into their programming. Kane, a young 20 something private in the army is in the troupe they chose to test it on...but first they need DNA. Each member of his troupe gets blood drawn.

Change scene to H8 labs in the Deserts of Arizona. This is where we get the music part. The first Doppleganger gets its DNA from Kane's best friend Charlie....however everything goes awry because of course there was a mysterious error in this ones programming. It kills the lone scientist in the room with brute strength but takes on the one item he had to pass his time...an electric guitar. This is what it uses as a weapon. It connects itself with the inner makings of the guitar and amp and combine them to make an electric discharge triggered by each strum..........................................................................The song we present is New Born.

Are you still interested?

Electric guitar as a weapon seems a bit lame, however I was enjoying it up until then :) (minus the name 'megalomusical')

( I'll admit that electric guitars as weapons does sound cheesey. BUT it is easily forgiven since the effect is so cool. Plus there are parts where I feel like the riffs and/or solos sound like an attack. and the effect is complete and total brain cocaine...for me at least. The characters also acknowledge how weird usiing a guitar as a weapon is as well......cause it is. And I just used Megalomusical in passing just as an idea. All of them (except for maybe Showbiz) will share the name of their corresponding alblum)

So, using his sheer strength, cat like reflexes, and (yes) his electric guitar (think of it more as a long staff that shoots lightning) Charlie's Doppleganger, or D-1, steals a space freighter used to transport weapons. Commercial space ships are very uncommon, however Exogen can afford lots of them. ANYWAY, the facility is left in ruin and now we flash back to Texas, where Kane resides. Many days pass and Everything's fine on base we meet other characters like his current love interest Irene. She is a rough and tumble gal, which is actually the opposite of Kane....he's quite the funny guy. Anyway, a few nights later fire rains down from the sky....in the form of a space craft manned by noneother than D-1 who leaves it only to ensnare Charlie and take him aboard. All the while D-1 explains his personal mission through the song "Bliss". D-1 wants to replace Charlie and take over his life...from an Android's point of view this is "becoming the master". Kane manages to sneak aboard.

There is a lengthy discussion between Charlie and D-1 as D-1 explains how Charlie is like his creator...simply because he gave the DNA required to make the Doppleganger a human form. The conversation continues in a musical format with "Space Dementia". Charlie expresses his disgust and D-1 explains how tragic his own situation is. All the while Kane tries to hijack the ship but finds that the course is set for a mysterious space station, that doesn't appear anywhere on the StarMap.(Dopplegangers have electronic tendrils that they use to infiltrate technology of any kind i.e computers,cars,phones etc. Once they're connected they can use the tech "wirelessly".....they also use them to strangle, hang and impale.) Kane does however make the mistake of bashing D-1 against the head, which temporarily disables him...when they're right next to the space station...well an action packed finale to "Space Dementia" occurs and our heros make a crash landing. They manage to flee into the station as D-1 reboots.

This is of course summarizing everything.the final product will probably be 2 to 2 and a half hours long. I hope you're still enjoying it.

Archived