My GIF doesn't work! :'(

*OoS*

Guest Chizzleface

Post it up as an image in this thread and I'll test it out.

EDIT: Actually, if you're linking to it from the other website, it may be that they won't let you hotlink it. Try saving it on your pc then uploading it to the site from there :D

Post it up as an image in this thread and I'll test it out.

EDIT: Actually, if you're linking to it from the other website, it may be that they won't let you hotlink it. Try saving it on your pc then uploading it to the site from there :D

I did save it :S I'll insert it in here:

C:\Users\Chrissie Stimson\Pictures\My Pictures\BB Gif 1.gif

It can't seem to get it to insert it as an image I'll try it again but it works in that browser.

Nope lol mustd be doing something wrong... help please ><

Guest Chizzleface

It can't seem to get it to insert it as an image I'll try it again but it works in that browser.

What you need to do is go to your user cp, edit avatar, there's an option there for either posting a url for an image or uploading one from your computer. Choose browse and find where the file is stored. Double-click on it then click save changes. That should do the trick unless the gif file is bigger than board limits.

upload it here as an attachment so we can experiment with it. on the post reply screen there's an attachment bit at the bottom.

with regards to your image thing you can only link to images on the internet, ones on your computer don't work.

Guest Chizzleface
I couldn't get the attachment thing to work (my PC's been raped by a virus) but the internet link thing says it's too big. How then has it let me put it as my avatar (even though it doesn't move)?

What's the url of the image on a different website? Post that up as just a link without image tags.

Guest Chizzleface

Yeah, it's too big to be linked to, as it exceeds both pixel and file size limits. And I'm guessing that the size is stopping it from uploading correctly as well, so the board freezes it at the first frame of the gif file. You'll need to find one that's smaller or find a way of making that one smaller :)

Guest Chizzleface
i reckon more that the resize process is removing the animation. as i dont think the imaging library does anything to maintain gif animations. i'd resize it on your computer

Mine's a gif and moving though, and uploaded from my hard drive...the only difference being it didn't need resizing...

Guest Chizzleface
yeah thus wouldnt get processed by the library

Ah yes I see, I misread your post, yeah that sounds about right :D

at the end )

and second you need to upload it to the internet if you want to post it, not just type its location on your computer ;)

I don't know how to help you about your av, though, sorry.

i reckon more that the resize process is removing the animation. as i dont think the imaging library does anything to maintain gif animations. i'd resize it on your computer

Cheers for the advice :)

... but how? :$ Help pwease lol

Archived