What was the concensus of the Aboslution release?

Citizen_Eraser

Being American we didn't really get to hear of Muse til Absolution released. So then in 2003 that to me was just hearing Muse from the first time with no pre-conceived notions of what the band sounds like or what their music generally is like.

So now when the Resistance released people have all these qualms and complaints about how much they've changed.

What was it like for Muse fans who loved Showbiz and OoS for the build up and hearing a few songs and tid bits live and then the release of Absolution. Was it instant recognition and mass approval or were there still a lot of pricks slagging it off like today?

I remember hearing stories about people booing Time Is Running Out when it was played live. :LOL:

Wow lol. I mean its definitely one of my least favorite Muse songs. Id put it out of their top 50 probably but then again it WAS the first Muse song I'd heard. Living in America thats about the first taste of Muse we got when Abso released.

To be honest I HATED it when I first heard it. I'm like who the fuck are these guys this sucks. Then the second time it was ok. Then it grew on me and I loved it and it became the reason I watched FUSE (an tv channel here) to see that Music video daily. This was pre-youtube obviously.

Archived