Fan presale - good or rip off? (Climate Pledge Arena, Apr 2023)

willofthepeople

Well that was unexpected, wanted to see Muse in my hometown in Seattle, was sitting in the waiting room for ages with a fan presale code, then arrived in the queue with 900 people in front of me in the queue for a 17,000 seat venue, fair enough - just a few minutes to get to buy tickets and then BAM - they were literally vanishing in front on my eyes and I swear the price was rising as I watched.  Huge swathes of the areas were already unavailable and there just weren't enough tickets. Yes I got a couple at crazy prices, but what gives here - is it better to wait for the main public release? Feels like only a small fraction were made available for presale and they under-estimated demand - A LOT!

Is this normal these days?

It felt like a system designed to milk the most amount of money from fans rather than giving us any benefit ahead of the general ticket release 😞

They are now scalping their own tickets  it seems 😟

GA for $224. Is that what it costs now?

I’ve been a fan for a long time, have been to many shows but I guess I’m just not willing to shell out that much for a ticket. I didn’t buy. 
I keep checking but prices haven’t dropped.

Not a fan of this dynamic pricing system.  It does seem like they tried to make as much money as possible from their loyal fan base.  Disappointed ☹️