Embedded videos not showing

intravenus

When someone embeds a YouTube video in a message, I get a message saying "Flash not detected. Make sure you have the latest version etc etc"

I do have the latest version of the flash player installed and, just to be sure, I uninstalled and reinstalled the player numerous times to no avail.

This started happening all of a sudden and for no apparent reason. I hadn't updated the flash player or changed anything beforehand.

This board is the only place I get this problem.

Any suggestions?

that is strange, i'm not aware of that happening before, are you able to watch videos fine on youtube? we just use the code that they provide to embed them if i remember right. whats your browser, operating system and country you're in?

Yeah, it is odd.

I can watch videos on the youTube site no problem and the flash player works for Flash based websites, games etc etc

I'm running Firefox 3.0.3, Windows XP Professional and i live in Italy.

Update:

It seems this problem is inherent to Firefox version 3 and a lot of people are experiencing these same frustrations. The Mozilla Help forum is about as much help as a kick in the teeth.

They recommend uninstalling the existing flash player and installing the newest version, and the exact same process for the Java runtime environment. I have done both and restarted both my browser and my computer numerous times bearing no results.

In the end I had to revert back to Firefox 2 to get these embedded flash files to work.

I've always used Firefox and never had any problems until now. We can only hope that Mozilla will come up with a fix in the not too distant future.

Yeah, it is odd.

I can watch videos on the youTube site no problem and the flash player works for Flash based websites, games etc etc

I'm running Firefox 3.0.3, Windows XP Professional and i live in Italy.

Update:

It seems this problem is inherent to Firefox version 3 and a lot of people are experiencing these same frustrations. The Mozilla Help forum is about as much help as a kick in the teeth.

They recommend uninstalling the existing flash player and installing the newest version, and the exact same process for the Java runtime environment. I have done both and restarted both my browser and my computer numerous times bearing no results.

In the end I had to revert back to Firefox 2 to get these embedded flash files to work.

I've always used Firefox and never had any problems until now. We can only hope that Mozilla will come up with a fix in the not too distant future.

that is bizarre i've had no problems with it and firefox 3. seems though that it's out of our control. what a pain though

Archived