Bellahouston, Glasgow - 23rd June 2023

pluginspace

3 hours ago, troubleonline said:

@MUSEologist   I’ve snuck decent lens into concerts before but just make so with my iPhone these days.  Hope your camera recovers from rain.  

Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Back in my earliest gig days, nobody used to bother checking for cameras but it's not worth the risk for me if I'm at an out-of-town gig as I don't drive so wouldn't have a car to store it in if it was discovered. As a youngster, before I had a press pass to photograph ice hockey, I did sneak a camera and telephoto lens into the national finals weekend by wearing shellsuit pants and taping my camera body to one leg and the lens to the other! Unfortunately, when my so-called friends found out about my technique, they wrapped me in rolls of hockey leg tape (which is pretty much impossible to snap when wrapped tightly) and I spent part of the trip north from London in the back seat of the coach, immobilized!🙄

Well done spotting yourselves. I don't think you captured me. I'd probably be in the left third of that shot but I don't see my black baseball cap or anyone who was standing near me (though to be fair, I was one of the taller people in my immediate vicinity for much of the gig - for once!)

When asked on Instagram about the shorter set, Dom had this to say on Instagram (though someone replied that the promoters said the opposite🤔😞

Because unfortunately we only were allowed to play for an hour and half. We didn’t have the normal two hours. This is due to the concert organisers etc. We would alway play more if we can

There certainly seemed time to fit in more songs considering things appeared set up with plenty time before the guys came on. I can't see what the organisers had to gain from cutting things short by 30 minutes (except for half an hour's less pay for staff etc 🙄) . It can't be a curfew  limitation as it was already extended 15 minutes from previous gigs at Bellahouston and there was seemingly plenty of set-up time. As much as I enjoyed myself, I feel short-changed for the price I paid compared to what other venues have been getting.

6 hours ago, MUSEologist said:

When asked on Instagram about the shorter set, Dom had this to say on Instagram (though someone replied that the promoters said the opposite🤔😞

There certainly seemed time to fit in more songs considering things appeared set up with plenty time before the guys came on. I can't see what the organisers had to gain from cutting things short by 30 minutes (except for half an hour's less pay for staff etc 🙄) . It can't be a curfew  limitation as it was already extended 15 minutes from previous gigs at Bellahouston and there was seemingly plenty of set-up time. As much as I enjoyed myself, I feel short-changed for the price I paid compared to what other venues have been getting.

So sort of confirms my suspicions that it was the promoters however it seems Guns’n Roses are playing for 3 hours tonight.  THREE HOURS WTF!!!  

I do recall dynamic pricing kicked in on some of the other shows (one of my previous posts refers to Plymouth being up to around £190) and I do think Bellahouston was cheaper than others but I think many would rather have paid another tenner for a longer set. 

I am currently debating whether to try for Manchester or London tickets next week.  Love an excuse to go to London and never been to Manchester Arena (just Etihad Stadium) but latter would be a more affordable trip overall.  

12 minutes ago, troubleonline said:

Manchester Arena

I've played ice hockey there, and I felt dwarved by it!

Can you imagine  a 3 hour Muse set? They could play the whole of WotP and still have almost 2 1/2 left for everything else (how about a longer album next time guys - the last 2 albums have totalled just 80 minutes).😒

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

The company line that the abridged set was because of a curfew is clearly nonsense.
They came on late, they didn't finish early.
The stage was cleared and set-up ready for Muse by 8:30pm. Their usual start time.

The reduced staging and lighting were also a disappointment.

On the plus side they played as well as ever. And the sound was as superb as ever. (Thanks Mr. Carolan).
The event organisation and site were first rate too.

I got to see MacMuse the night before in Glasgow. They were by far the best Muse tribute I've seen or heard. Check them out if you can.

I'm writing this after seeing Muse's Manchester AO Arena gig in September 2023. It proved the Glasgow Bellahouston Park gig was a rare blip.

Edit.JPG

MacMuse1.JPG