Does anyone have the tab for the harmonics and extra bits played in Knights of Cydonia like at the O2 and Glastonbury recently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAncW8fjFGo

Starts at about 6:25

Only spent a couple of minutes trying to figure this one out but its sounding pretty close I think. I'm very tired so please forgive me if there are any errors but I think this does the trick? Some of it is a bit inaudible given the mixing and all that but... y'know :)

e|---------------------------5+-5+-7+----------7+---------------|

B|---------------------0-0---------------------------7+-----------|

G|----------------------------------------5+~----------7+~------|

D|------------------------------------------------------------------|

A|------------3+~-------------------------------------------------|

E|-3-0-0-0--------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

B|-------------------------------------15------14-----14-----------14-----------------------|

G|-2(dive with trem bar)-/12--17b19------14-----14-----------14------------------|

D|----------------------------------------------------------------14----------14--------------|

A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------16b17----|

E|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

B|-----------------------------------------------------------7-------7-------7------|

G|-----------------------------------------------------------9b11--9b11--9b11-|

D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

A|---16b17-16-14-16-14--14-14-14-14-14-14----------------------------|

E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

On the other thread for muse live sounds

Update for MoTP (except the bridge) : I found videos where we can see exactly what Matt's playing (ACL 2013 and videos from Hyena :p).

For my pov, it looks like (again not so different from previous pages) :

13618001_1046199365469866_700042353_n.png?oh=0e1e22f21a19e6e819bcf2ac0d70b9fa&oe=5782E7A1

E---

B---

G--5

D--5

A--3

C---

E---

B--4

G--5

D--5

A--6

C---

E--4

B--4

G--5

D--6

A---

C---

E---

B---

G--5

D--3

A---

C---

E---

B--4

G--5

D--X

A--3

C---

E---

B--4

G--5

D--x

A--6

C---

E--4

B--4

G--5

D--6

A---

C---

E---

B--6

G--5

D--3

A--3

C---

Edited by Lgxspy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone got the tab for that little bit Matt does in Futurism? In this video, he does it around the 0:52 mark. Thanks in advance!

I've been meaning to ask that as well. Can't seem to work it out and it's clearly not that complicated.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but does anyone have a tab for the guitar part in the HAARP recording of TIRO, the little descending riff that starts at 1:40?

Also the chorus chords he plays up around the 12th fret?

I'm sure this has been covered before, but does anyone have a tab for the guitar part in the HAARP recording of TIRO, the little descending riff that starts at 1:40?

The "yeah you will.." bit? He just uses the same chords as the keyboard arpeggio bit in different inversions.

e-------|---------|---------|--8--8---10----|

B-10---|-10-----|-9-----|-10-10--12----|

G-9----|--8------|-7-----|-10-10--12----|

D-10--|--10-----|-9-----|------------------|

Chorus I THINK is something like

e----------------|----------------|--------------

B----------------|-----8---------|--6-----5---

G--9---10------|----10--------|--5-----5-----12-10-9

D-10---10------|----10--------|--7-----7---------------

A--8-----8------|----10--------|--7-----7-----10--8--7

E--8-----8------|----------------|--5-----5-----

Not so sure about the second chord because it seems weird for him to play a sus chord there for the whole bar but the others i'm confident are definitely correct from other videos of him playing it from that era.

First part of the TIRO chorus is something like this before going into the A minor chord:

e-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

B----------------------------------------------------------------------------

G-9---9---9---9--10-10-10-10----7---7---7---7---9--9--10--10-

D-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10---10-10-10-10-10-10-10--10-

A-8---8---8---8---8---8---8---8---10-10-10-10-10-10-10--10-

E-8---8---8---8---8---8---8---8----------------------------------------

Don't forget he slides to a C5 chord with the root on the 8th fret just before the octaves too.

First part of the TIRO chorus is something like this before going into the A minor chord:

e-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

B----------------------------------------------------------------------------

G-9---9---9---9--10-10-10-10----7---7---7---7---9--9--10--10-

D-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10---10-10-10-10-10-10-10--10-

A-8---8---8---8---8---8---8---8---10-10-10-10-10-10-10--10-

E-8---8---8---8---8---8---8---8----------------------------------------

Don't forget he slides to a C5 chord with the root on the 8th fret just before the octaves too.

Pretty sure he doesn't actually play the D-E-F passage above the chord live though, especially not in that performance. It shows his hand at one point just stay still on the Fsus2 aka F/G chord (x|10|10|10|8|x). And yeah he does do the C5 too whoops but I feel like most people already knew that anyway :p

Pretty sure he doesn't actually play the D-E-F passage above the chord live though, especially not in that performance. It shows his hand at one point just stay still on the Fsus2 aka F/G chord (x|10|10|10|8|x). And yeah he does do the C5 too whoops but I feel like most people already knew that anyway :p

Maybe you're right, when I'm home from work the first thing I'll do is try it your way. I think the D-E-F is just to work with the vocals and give it a little bit more of a kick - I guess it's not vital.

I have received the answer to my previous question (not too many posts down) thanks to the Muse subreddit user LiamGaughan!

To those who are curious towards the tab, here it is!

e------------------

b--5----------6-----

g----6----------6-

d------7----------6

a---------------

e--------------

Swear someone literally asked the same thing yesterday in another thread

Just go

e-18-----------------------

b------17------18---------

g-----------16------17----

d-------------------------16

etc all the way down the back up before moving it down a fret and repeat

Just go

Not sure if you actually meant this but I think he goes down a fret before moving back up to the higher strings. So:

e-18------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------17----------

b------17------18---------------------------------------------------------------------------17--------------16-----

g-----------16------17-------18-----------------------------------------------17-------------16---------------15

d-------------------------16--------17-------18-----------------17---------------16-------------15---------------

a-----------------------------------------16--------17-----------------16--------------15---------------------------

e----------------------------------------------------------16----------------15---------------------------------------

And then repeat the same thing, but starting on the 16th fret of the high e, etc.

Either way, it's quite tricky to perform flawlessly at high speed without touching the wrong strings.

Just go

Not sure if you actually meant this but I think he goes down a fret before moving back up to the higher strings. So:

e-18------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------17----------

b------17------18---------------------------------------------------------------------------17--------------16-----

g-----------16------17-------18-----------------------------------------------17-------------16---------------15

d-------------------------16--------17-------18-----------------17---------------16-------------15---------------

a-----------------------------------------16--------17-----------------16--------------15---------------------------

e----------------------------------------------------------16----------------15---------------------------------------

And then repeat the same thing, but starting on the 16th fret of the high e, etc.

Either way, it's quite tricky to perform flawlessly at high speed without touching the wrong strings.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
All on the 🔝 4 strings

5 6 5 5 6 5 5

6 8 6 5 8 6 5

7 7 5 6 7 5 6

7 8 5 7 8 5 7

and next time round

5 6 5 5 6 5 5

6 8 6 6 5 8 6 5

7 7 5 7 6 7 5 6

7 8 5 6 7 8 5 7

Woah, thanks so much Dom. That was super fast :D

So he's just using his thumb to mute the lower 2 strings, right? Man, I still can't do it. It hurts :$

There is also a certain way to play those chords. I mean in the last two years or so, it sounds to me that we can hear harmonics when he is strumming the first chord and the 4th.

I don't know if you understand what I mean but listen choruses

Some harmonics with the low G string maybe? I don't know how it works. I'm able to make it sometimes

There is also a certain way to play those chords. I mean in the last two years or so, it sounds to me that we can hear harmonics when he is strumming the first chord and the 4th.

I don't know if you understand what I mean but listen choruses

Some harmonics with the low G string maybe? I don't know how it works. I'm able to make it sometimes

It's just because he's muting the strings near the 7th fret so there's harmonics every now and then when he rests on the string.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...