“Back To The Future” – Matt Bellamy On The Cover Of Australian Guitar Magazine, 2010

a-museing

:yesey: Even chart friendly pop music is far ahead in terms of technology & production compared to a standard rock band.

Don't think this is necessarily true if you watch the Making Of stuff for the Resistance.

You're saying Muse are a standard rock band?? :erm:

And he's probably saying the ones he actually plays on stage are only Mansons, as they're replaceable :yesey:

You're saying Muse are a standard rock band?? :erm:

And he's probably saying the ones he actually plays on stage are only Mansons, as they're replaceable :yesey:

I'm not saying that, just to me, rock bands do sound "out of date" and very few look at new technology and try and use it. Then cite influences that were artists who dared to use anything new :facepalm:

On stage yes, just he's saying he doesn't own any others. But I guess he's going to say that so he doesn't have the association with any other brand.

yep I suspect that is the reason why we waited so long for MK to be played live and why we are still waiting for Exo part II live.

Oh definatly. I remember it being played in Limoges and he screwed the start of it up. He seems to have real trouble getting it right sometimes. Maybe just a nervous thing?

The big mistake that is GL however, is still around :LOL:

Sigh.

:(

Oh definatly. I remember it being played in Limoges and he screwed the start of it up. He seems to have real trouble getting it right sometimes. Maybe just a nervous thing?

Sigh.

:(

I think the issue is that some of the playing parts are quite tricky to play whilst singing as well and I guess he just gets nervous about it. Regardless it is a great song live and personally I really don't care if he makes a mistake whilst playing it. I would rather have MK with mistakes than a perfectly executed GL!

I think the issue is that some of the playing parts are quite tricky to play whilst singing as well and I guess he just gets nervous about it. Regardless it is a great song live and personally I really don't care if he makes a mistake whilst playing it. I would rather have MK with mistakes than a perfectly executed GL!

MK Ultra is a really simple song, the verse is just straight single notes for a start. So playing & singing it isn't the issue there!

MK Ultra is a really simple song, the verse is just straight single notes for a start. So playing & singing it isn't the issue there!

Hi Humphrey,

So you regularly perform at tens of thousands of people songs like MK Ultra when you know how simple trick it is? Maybe you should be giving Matt some guitar/gig performance lessons, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I guess you are Tom Morello or The Edge in disguise... Those guys might be in position to tell Matt how to play.

PS I can't play guitar at all, but I once had to do a presentation in an auditorium for tens of people, and even speaking and forwarding slides seemed quite difficult when I was nearly shitting myself out of nervousness.

PPS So you guys managed to turn even this innocent guitar tech thread into setlist moaning. Sigh.

:rolleyes:

Hi Humphrey,

So you regularly perform at tens of thousands of people songs like MK Ultra when you know how simple trick it is? Maybe you should be giving Matt some guitar/gig performance lessons, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I guess you are Tom Morello or The Edge in disguise... Those guys might be in position to tell Matt how to play.

PS I can't play guitar at all, but I once had to do a presentation in an auditorium for tens of people, and even speaking and forwarding slides seemed quite difficult when I was nearly shitting myself out of nervousness.

PPS So you guys managed to turn even this innocent guitar tech thread into setlist moaning. Sigh.

Eh?

I thought MK had a tricky part in it and Haze explained to me that actually as a song it isn't and there is more complicated song. I have no idea what your rant is all about.

And nobody is moaning about the setlist we are discussing a point of the interview where matt mentioned that mistakes doesn't bother him.

:erm:

Hi Humphrey,

Hi Katey.

You've just made yourself look very stupid. Well done.

With love, Haze.

Hi Humphrey,

answer the point, don't attack the person making it please.

Poor guy :LOL:

He's an angry little midget, reminds me of the guy from "In Bruges" :LOL:

What ya saying!? Matt is a Rock God!!! :D

Actually seriously, just like the reviewer, I like it that Matt spontaneously releases his tensions through the music. :D

Archived