(ANOTHER)! Mattocaster Build

Lord MFC

I meant the edges on the back really, they're not very rounded.

i'm not rounding them but i have sanded them down and now they're just like your average les paul.

its not too heavy actually and as phill said theres a lot of wood routed...

i'm not sure about binding... it seems quite hard... i've heard that it stops the moisture from getting under the mirror but then i've seen loads of MoCs without binding

i'm not rounding them but i have sanded them down and now they're just like your average les paul.

its not too heavy actually and as phill said theres a lot of wood routed...

i'm not sure about binding... it seems quite hard... i've heard that it stops the moisture from getting under the mirror but then i've seen loads of MoCs without binding

Binding isn't hard, especially if the top is flat. Just run a router bit that has a bearing smaller than the cutter around the top then glue the binding in. It's really quite simple. The hardest bit is cleaning up the mirror after if you get any glue on it.

are les pauls really that "sharp"?

EDIT: Maybe

1956-les-paul-natural-back.jpg

i'm trying to gat a bit of a les paul feel from the body... the necks gonna be birdseye etc. coz i'm a belloorrzz wannabe lol (at least i admit it).

hmm binding sounds tempting... i'll see how much it is. what sizes do you recommend?

thanks... btw is it hard to make a neck? i mean.. fretting and everything.

unless you are willing to spend the money to buy the correct tools and take your time on the first one then i would not attempt it. easier and cheaper to buy a warmoth pre made neck if its just a one off. if you are planning on building more guitars then it may be worth the investment for you.

It's not too hard making a neck, but if you're only doing a couple, definitely buy Warmoth. After buying all the fretting tools, arbor fret press, radius blocks etc, it set me back about $400 - $500.

Then they all got nicked :stunned:

:'( poor you. i fucking hate burglars. my tele got stolen, a tv and a dvd player once... :mad:

• 1 month later...
Good morning manfromcydonia ,

How is the rest of the build going?

Is it possible to add (in the CAD file) pockets in the body for a floyd rose bridge?

Cheers

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTguanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjAuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjYuanBn.jpg

these were taken around 3 days ago when i hadn't strung it or even fixed the last tuner

dunno why i decided to take photos of it when it was like that but...

edit:

btw excuse the random things on the wall

that was on the luthier thread yesterday...

yeah sure ill post it in a bit.

Archived