Lord MFC

(ANOTHER)! Mattocaster Build

Yeah and plus i'm using 16mm diameter and extra long pots so they will fit. also i got the binding sizes off stew mac so i'm not worried

what kind of pots are they that they have 16mm shafts?

i bet he ordered 16mm pots thinking that was the shaft diameter. datasheet eyesight fail.

The binding channel might be correct, but once you add 3mm of perspex, + 0.25mm ish of glue, your channel is going to be far too deep. Unless you're using a leather belt as binding.

i bet he ordered 16mm pots thinking that was the shaft diameter. datasheet eyesight fail.

yea, most shaft pots are around 3/8" and 16mm is around 5/8" (I don't do no stinking metric). I think there will be issues.

yea, most shaft pots are around 3/8" and 16mm is around 5/8" (I don't do no stinking metric). I think there will be issues.

these are the pots i have! sorry if there was confusion.

that just looks like a normal pot to me. shaft diameter is about 8mm. the 16 dia. in the description looks like it refers to the base of the pot

that just looks like a normal pot to me. shaft diameter is about 8mm

These aren't the pots you're looking for :rolleyes:

that just looks like a normal pot to me. shaft diameter is about 8mm. the 16 dia. in the description looks like it refers to the base of the pot

fuuuck... do you think i could just get a bigger nut for the pot?

you could put a big washer under it. a bigger nut wouldn't touch the thread on the pot!

you might well see the washer under the knob but atleast you'll be able to fit it.

you could also fill the holes and drill new ones.

Are doing perspex on the back and sides.

Re: Your email. Yes the mirror is bendable, but it's pretty fucking hard to do around the edges. I did it a few years ago and it was an absolute nightmare.

4060393465_3633683983_z.jpg

Are doing perspex on the back and sides.

my wood's got a really nice grain and i payed to much for it to get completely covered with plastic but yes the mirrors just on the front! btw phill nice guitar

Re: Your email. Yes the mirror is bendable, but it's pretty fucking hard to do around the edges. I did it a few years ago and it was an absolute nightmare.

4060393465_3633683983_z.jpg

LOL.Sound like im in for some fun on mine. Do you have to warm it up or anything like that?

Hello everyone and here is is so far.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDAuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDIuanBn.jpg

Sorry for my shitty phone cam

electronics and bridge to be installed shortly- lacquering at the moment

When you clamp the mirror down you should do it with a plank of wood or something that spans the entire body, otherwise the clamps areas will be tight and the other areas won't making the surface uneven. On the area you screw down the bridge and the switches and pots it will be very apparent.

When you clamp the mirror down you should do it with a plank of wood or something that spans the entire body, otherwise the clamps areas will be tight and the other areas won't making the surface uneven. On the area you screw down the bridge and the switches and pots it will be very apparent.

oh right - thanks ;)

also phill, how do you do the cracks like the m1d1? i seem to remember you did them on a build once?

hit it with a mallet before you glue it down. it's really unpredictable though, it took me about 5 sheets of mirror before i got something half decent so i recommend having some spares!

hit it with a mallet before you glue it down. it's really unpredictable though, it took me about 5 sheets of mirror before i got something half decent so i recommend having some spares!

i was thinking of doing it but then i decided against it after i smacked a screwdriver into a cut off and dented it... lucky i tried it on a cut off first :LOL: hmmm makeshift m1d1 bodging aint a good idea :$

some more pics... midi screen in pickups not yet in there just for show...

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTAuanBn.jpg

the laquering turned out great and it looks amazing in person... my camera on my phone fucked it up... as soon as i get acces to a nikon i will be happy :LOL: