(ANOTHER)! Mattocaster Build

Lord MFC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When you clamp the mirror down you should do it with a plank of wood or something that spans the entire body, otherwise the clamps areas will be tight and the other areas won't making the surface uneven. On the area you screw down the bridge and the switches and pots it will be very apparent.

When you clamp the mirror down you should do it with a plank of wood or something that spans the entire body, otherwise the clamps areas will be tight and the other areas won't making the surface uneven. On the area you screw down the bridge and the switches and pots it will be very apparent.

oh right - thanks ;)

also phill, how do you do the cracks like the m1d1? i seem to remember you did them on a build once?

hit it with a mallet before you glue it down. it's really unpredictable though, it took me about 5 sheets of mirror before i got something half decent so i recommend having some spares!

i was thinking of doing it but then i decided against it after i smacked a screwdriver into a cut off and dented it... lucky i tried it on a cut off first :LOL: hmmm makeshift m1d1 bodging aint a good idea :$

Archived