CALLING THE BIGGEST MUSE FANS - i need help

ryancmpotter

before i tell you my problem ill let you know a bit about my Muse history. The first muse song i can remember hearing would be time is running out, and it didn't really phase me, but after the glastonbury dvd of the absolution tour was released and my cousin brought it around to watch, i was a little impressed by them. Then they faded for me but when black holes came out, they re emerged for me and i bought the album 2 days after its release just because i had the money to, not because i particularly wanted it.

so this would be 6 years of Muse listening now. I check setlists for concerts world wide the moment a concert finishes, ive seen every video footage available, and know each song back to front and thats B-sides included. When watching or seeing live I can narrow down what songs are being played based on Matt's guitars, and can tell nearly every song by its guitar effect. Without sounding arrogant i know nearly everything there is to know about the band, and im not here to tell you im the mastermind muse guy, but i know alot and am a huge fan. As soon as United states of eurasia was fully completed after the promotional thing they did, i started listening to the song constantly. It today stands at 900 playcounts on my itunes, followed by exo politics on 768, and then citizen erased on 723. The top 20 most played songs on my itunes is muse, and each song has over 400 playcounts in my itunes. (this is quite alot, check your own playcounts). My favourite songs are Fury, Glorious ( i bought the japanese album just so its at the end after Knights), showbiz, citizen, crying shame, exo politics and i haven't ranked their new stuff in my mind yet but unnatural selection is looking at making a place.

What i love about muse is the bands huge sound for a three piece (yes and 4 people live), its new sound, its incredible live performance and atmosphere, Matts huge vocal range, guitar and piano skill, the excitement of their music, the evolution of their old songs still happening today (citizen erased at glastonbury 2010 with the synths in the background of the chorus like in the original recording, as opposed to none live prior to this year), but most of all i love that my favourite band is branching out and becoming mainstream. It may annoy some to hear uprising and whatever else constantly on the radio, but if you are a true Muse fan you will not get sick of hearing it, and would love to be sharing this music with a broad community. Im not the biggest fan of supermassive black hole apart from the live performance of it, i don't hate that it was used in twilight films. If YOU were making a film and Muse fit perfectly in that scene, would you use it? and maybe they did sell out but to sell out means you change your sound and make bad music, and what they are making still today is amazing (the exo genesis symphony is some of the best music i know of). The sound they have now is the natural evolution of the band, and i consider Neutron Star Collision (hated by many fans) an amazing piece of music in its simplicity yet its complication, the piano intro/outro's and the basic yet exiting setup of the song, ((intro chorus, verse, chorus, solo etc)). So not much goes past me that i hate. The only song i can't really listen to is Undisclosed Desires because although they admitted it was their RISK/Try something new thing of the album like supermassive was, it didn't impress me and kinda bores me (but i hope matt can find some use with the keytar ((the piano guitar)) because its pretty cool).

If you are still reading thankyou, and i will get to the problem now, but i had to explain my background and views to convince some of you that im not a fat 15 year old girl with a twilight t-shirt on. (although i don't mind the twilight films and final book, sucky but entertaining)

Here's my problem:

I want to listen to new music, im not over muse but i know it isn't right to listen to only one band. I've tried searching for similar artists but find that the results are bands i already love; pink floydd, radiohead and other prog rock/space rock kind of bands. I went as far as bands like Mew, White lies, Editors and Kasabian (kasabian of which i love now for their own reasons) who were told to be similar, but none of them capture the same intensity and sound of Muse.

I don't want to break my obsession but i want to be able to hear music that is similar and can exite me like that, but as far as im aware it doesn't exist. Maybe Muse are the best band going around today (as they are according to polls) and no one is doing it like muse, but i need someone else's opinion on whether they are just bottom line the best thing at the moment, or if something else exists. My conclusion is that they are the best around atm, to see live and listen to based on their diverse range of music and modern sound... and the only band who could be better has not started, formed or become public yet

SUMMARY:

Is there any band that even closely compares to Muse, and is equal in things like live performance, diversity, musical technicality, space/electro sounding, large ranged singer and upbeat dramatic rock sound.

thanks friends

The summary would have sufficed, tbh.

"but if you are a true Muse fan you will not get sick of hearing it", I laughed.

"If you are still reading thankyou, and i will get to the problem now, but i had to explain my background and views to convince some of you that im not a fat 15 year old girl with a twilight t-shirt on."

What difference does it make?

I like White Lies alot (and I also think their music isn't that similar to Muse like it is said many times!) :happy: but as much as I know there isn't really a band you could compare to Muse :stunned:

"If you are still reading thankyou, and i will get to the problem now, but i had to explain my background and views to convince some of you that im not a fat 15 year old girl with a twilight t-shirt on."

:LOL: Made me laugh!

It doesn't matter if you would be a twilighter or not. The point is only to REALLY love Muse's music. That's all about :)

I like White Lies alot :happy:

And exactly how do they fit the description "Is there any band that even closely compares to Muse, and is equal in things like live performance, diversity, musical technicality, space/electro sounding, large ranged singer and upbeat dramatic rock sound."? :p

Oh, edit now. Oh well.

Your rite, it’s not healthy to just listen to one band, even if what your listening to is the best in the world. You need diversity in your music taste. So I suggest something completely different.

You may remember this song at the UK stadium gigs this year. They put this on strait after Muse finished.

All of these bands are personal favourites of mine and listen to them as much as Muse.

Archived