Now that the BH&R Tour is coming to an end... how many times have you seen Muse live?

mr.jingles

How many times have you seen Muse live in your life?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen Muse live in your life?

Twenty-two!

Hard to pick a favorite; bits and pieces of shows stand out, like Matthew grinning and dancing during his SS Outro at Madison Square Garden, or Citizen Erased in Austin 5/05 (what a weekend that was!), but overall the Wembley Stadium shows have to be tops, if only for being such epic events!

Worst: having to be pulled out of the pit at Vegas, due to a bee-otch behind me who was succeeding in implanting her elbows into my kidneys. (I think I kicked her pretty hard as I went up and over, oh so sorry sweetie....:LOL:) The worst part was that Tom Kirk commented on my ignominious hoisting when I ran into him after the show!:$

OMG, 22! You're so lucky. But may I ask how you do it? Surely its a given you love to travel; as I do, although I have little $ to do so right now.

I saw them twice here in NYC (Hammerstein in '06 and MSG this past Aug). Matt was full of smiles at the MSG show, which was epic for sure. I was hoping for a third around New Years, but alas it appears as if its not meant to be... I just got my schedule and I'm working overnight New Years anyway. If they schedule a gig now I'll die!

Tbh, not taking anything away from you guys, but for me less is more. I don't honestly think I could enjoy 29 Muse shows in one year.

I saw them at three pretty well spaced intervals on the BH&R tour, each featuring a different stage setup and each show was fab. I'd love to have seen them post-Wembley though, sometime in the USA in September or on the Aussie tour, great setlists and sounding better then ever (+ I love the current stage setup, simple = better).

I'd love to have seen them post-Wembley though, sometime in the USA in September or on the Aussie tour, great setlists and sounding better then ever (+ I love the current stage setup, simple = better).

You can definitely tell theres been a change in mind set post Wembley Stadium. I saw them at Wembley arena back in Nov 2006 and it was all very straight to the point, play the songs and thats it (Not a bad thing though, they were very full of energy start of the BHaR tour), then I saw them at Wembley Stadium, again different mind set, they were obviously thinking "Fuck we've made it this far, lets just go as over the top as possible" then I saw them in Oslo in October. The Sound was so different to how they were back at Wembley Arena last year, and all the riffage between songs, and you could see that they were very laid back and relaxed about it and having a good time (Matt and Dom Grinning at each other alot :D), which is the Muse I prefer. Set list was one of their infamous clones but still, It was great to see that side to Muse that Wembley Arena and Stadium didnt show.

Tbh, not taking anything away from you guys, but for me less is more. I don't honestly think I could enjoy 29 Muse shows in one year.

I saw them at three pretty well spaced intervals on the BH&R tour, each featuring a different stage setup and each show was fab. I'd love to have seen them post-Wembley though, sometime in the USA in September or on the Aussie tour, great setlists and sounding better then ever (+ I love the current stage setup, simple = better).

Helen T didn't see them 29 times in one year, if you look at her list; the shows date back to 2002. I have seen them 22 times since 2004, but not all in one year, and I agree, it's nice to kind of space the shows out. I went to the 1st 3 US BH&R shows, then a couple more that fall, then a last minute trip to France to visit Sylvie and see 3 more...then April, then Wembley, then 3 more in Aug/Sept. And now, no more concerts on the books, since it is virtually impossible to get tix for Almost Acoustic Christmas....

5 times with ALOT of cash spent.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

See my sig.:happy:

And I was right there with you for the first three---good luck in the AAC sale tonight, I'll hold the good thought for a pit ticket for Brandi!

Helen T didn't see them 29 times in one year, if you look at her list; the shows date back to 2002. I have seen them 22 times since 2004, but not all in one year, and I agree, it's nice to kind of space the shows out. I went to the 1st 3 US BH&R shows, then a couple more that fall, then a last minute trip to France to visit Sylvie and see 3 more...then April, then Wembley, then 3 more in Aug/Sept. And now, no more concerts on the books, since it is virtually impossible to get tix for Almost Acoustic Christmas....

But her first show was Reading 2006 :stunned:

No chance of me getting bored! I can honestly say I loved every single show for different reasons. I didnt discover Muse until June last year so I was simply making up for lost time. Also, it gave me a good excuse to travel. And, of course, there's all the people I met up with along the way. I've had the bet year ever, and I wouldnt change a thing. Except, I'd like to do it all again next year!!

Helen T didn't see them 29 times in one year, if you look at her list; the shows date back to 2002. I have seen them 22 times since 2004, but not all in one year, and I agree, it's nice to kind of space the shows out. I went to the 1st 3 US BH&R shows, then a couple more that fall, then a last minute trip to France to visit Sylvie and see 3 more...then April, then Wembley, then 3 more in Aug/Sept. And now, no more concerts on the books, since it is virtually impossible to get tix for Almost Acoustic Christmas

It was actually just over a year. I first saw them at Reading 2006. I only dicovered them in June last year. Late starter, but making up for lost time! :)

Correct! :)

No chance of me getting bored! I can honestly say I loved every single show for different reasons. I didnt discover Muse until June last year so I was simply making up for lost time. Also, it gave me a good excuse to travel. And, of course, there's all the people I met up with along the way. I've had the bet year ever, and I wouldnt change a thing. Except, I'd like to do it all again next year!!

It was actually just over a year. I first saw them at Reading 2006. I only dicovered them in June last year. Late starter, but making up for lost time! :)

Correct! :)

Yeah, I goofed, I was looking at Hyper's list of shows. So yeah, for concentrated shows over a year+, Helen T is the big winner!

and I agree, part of the fun is meeting up with all the Musers I have met here!

29 times. Reading festival was my favourite. Closely followed by the 2 Wembley Stadium shows

Helen, didn't realise it was that many!!! Do you think they'll do that many concerts in a year again for you to beat your record???:eek:

I've seen them 10 times:

Wembley - 2003

V Festival - 2004

Earls Court - 2005 twice

Reading 2006

Barcelona - 2006

Wembley - 2006 twice

Wembley Stadium - 2007

Paris - 2007

Would love to have seen them more, but couldn't afford for the whole family to go away - too expensive!!!:eek:

I've seen Muse 46 times. I think.

Hehe, suprised you aired that publicly :p

I've seen them 13 times.

1. Leeds Festival, 25th August 2002

2. Manchester M.E.N, 29th November 2003

3. V Festival, Staffordshire, 22nd August 2004

4. Earls Court, London, 19th December 2004

5. Sheperds Bush, London, 28th June 2006

6. Leeds Festival, 27th August 2006

7. Manchester M.E.N, 10th November 2006

8. Manchester M.E.N, 11th November 2006

9. Birmingham N.E.C, 14th November 2006

10. Sheffield Hallam FM Arena, 18th November 2006

11. Wembley Arena, London, 23rd November 2006

12. Wembley Stadium, London, 16th June 2007

13. Wembley Stadium, London, 17th June 2007

come on...we need a list...wasnt there a girl here who listened to nothing but muse, and went to see them on every tour, went to every show..

her mum came on and said she was worried about how much muse she was listening to......Sumin like that..Crazy people:rolleyes:

Clunge summed it up perfectly, if i seen muse 30 times in a year, i dont know what i would get out of it in the end. I would rather see em 4 or 5 over the course of the tour etc etc...

come on...we need a list...wasnt there a girl here who listened to nothing but muse, and went to see them on every tour, went to every show..

her mum came on and said she was worried about how much muse she was listening to......Sumin like that..Crazy people:rolleyes:

Clunge summed it up perfectly, if i seen muse 30 times in a year, i dont know what i would get out of it in the end. I would rather see em 4 or 5 over the course of the tour etc etc...

Exactly. You dont know because you havent done it. The day I start getting bored or not enjoiying the shows so much will be the day I stop going to so many. At the moment, I'm having the time of my life and I see no reason to stop.

I can assure you, I'm perfectly sane too... :)

I've been quite restrained this year. Then again, I've had to be because of money. I had a flight booked to Nice and a ticket for the gig in Monaco and even my hotel was booked and paid for - but when the time came, I couldn't afford to get to the airport! I lost all that money because I was short of £20.

That would have been gig 47.

I booked flights to Kiev and had a ticket secured for that gig. My friend couldn't come and I didn't want to fly there on my own. I lost about £150 there.

That would have been gig 48.

Also I gave away a ticket for Wembley Arena (gig 49) and I went to one in Wolverhampton but got the train home half an hour before Muse came on. Despite being at the venue with my ticket (my 'friend' abandoned me and I had nowhere to stay so I figured I'd go get the last train) (gig 50).

So, I would have seen them a lot more if I didn't give away tickets/go home....

Your wembley arena ticket went to a good home. Thanks again for that :)

Holy crap! But spread over 9 years, that's only 5 or 6 per year, which even Clunge thinks is OK!

Exactly. You dont know because you havent done it. The day I start getting bored or not enjoiying the shows so much will be the day I stop going to so many. At the moment, I'm having the time of my life and I see no reason to stop.

I can assure you, I'm perfectly sane too... :)

Well, Helen, I guess you are as sane as any of us, for what that's worth!!!

My only wish, that some have mentioned, would be more variety in the setlists, mix it up a bit, though admittedly that is hard to do with all the visuals to coordinate, etc. And also, it would be sweet for them to throw in more songs from earlier CD's, and some B-sides too; even "standards" like Muscle Museum are rarities live now.

Archived