Now that the BH&R Tour is coming to an end... how many times have you seen Muse live?

mr.jingles

How many times have you seen Muse live in your life?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen Muse live in your life?

should have been 2...milan & verona....then my father had heart attack on 15\7....now he's ok but i still have my ticket making fun of me from my library:mad:

large.jpg

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

I've seen them twice, both this year. First time was as an opening act back in April, and again in August at the Patriot Center. Both times were extremely fun, but I wish that they could have done a full set in April. Still, it was great, and I can't wait until they come around here again :happy:.

02 Aug 2006 / Bank of America Pavilion - Boston, USA

My first Muse gig had to be quite a memorable gig. I got 16th row on floor seats. After listening to 'Knights Of Cydonia' on the radio, I wasn't too impressed with it, but experiencing the song live made me fall in love with it.

03 Aug 2006 / Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY, USA

The next day I took a flight back to NY, and I went to this gig with a friend. I enjoyed it more because the sound was better.

10 Sep 2006 / Agora Theatre - Cleveland, OH, USA

This might be the worst Muse gig I've been to. Muse's performance was flawless as usual, but as some of you I also nearly had the show ruined for me by a bunch of douche bags. I managed to become one of the first people to stay in line since the early afternoon only to have a bunch of assholes behind me pushing to steal the spot I grabbed in front row.

On a positive note. I got to meet the guys during the after show meet & greet. The 3 of them signed my poster.

06 Aug 2007 / Madison Square Garden - New York City, NY, USA

First Muse gig at America's most legendary venue. It was truly special to hear 'Unintended' for the first time.

11 Aug 2007 / Agganis Arena - Boston, MA, USA

I turned my wife into a fan at this gig.

18 Sep 2007 Red Rocks Amphitheatre Denver, CO, USA

BEST MUSE GIG EVER! Beautiful atmosphere at an awesome venue and I got to be front row. The venue is made of steps, so nobody is pushing you out of your spot.

Well unfortunately I've only seen them on the BH&R tour.

13 times.

Newcastle - My 1st gig so it was very special, despite being seated upper far right.

San Francisco - Brilliant! Probably my best gig. My 1st gig standing, and near the front. Even having to fight my way out of the pit after Hysteria didn't spoil it for me.

Los Angeles. - Brilliant! 2nd row from front. Very close 2nd to San Francisco.

Wembley (Sat) - My worst gig. Seated upper right . Too far away and the sound wasn't great.

Wembley (Sun) - Better, as I was in the Golden Circle, but too far right to get a good view.

Paris - Standing, but too far back. Enjoyed the show though.

Monaco - Great show, great crowd.

Verona - Fantastic venue, but seated too far back.

New York and Fairfax were just brilliant!

Philadelphia - Outside gig which I'm not to keen on, but a smaller crowd made it more intimate.

Boston - Front row seat! But felt awkward because of that.

Stockholm - Brilliant as usual! I made the most of that one as it was my last. :(

7 times...

10/11/06 - M.E.N Arena - My first Muse gig, so very special!

11/11/06 - M.E.N Arena - My favourite. I got barrier. We heard Showbiz, Citizen Erased, got the first ever playing of City of Delusion in the UK, and I held Matt's guitar when he threw it into the crowd. :D

14/11/06 - N.E.C Arena - Barrier. We threw the Teddy / Letter for Dom at the end of the show and saw him pick it up!

22/11/06 - Wembley Arena - My first and only seated Muse gig. A whole different experience, but it was fantastic. They played BH&R in order, and closed with Stockholm Syndrome!!

23/11/06 - Wembley Arena - Had a really fun time, but got pushed over, hit in the face, I hurt my knee, and lost my voice. A great gig, but a bad experience...

16/06/07 - Wembley Stadium - Golden Circle. Just amazing. So many Muse fans in the same place...

17/06/07 - Wembley Stadium - Golden Circle. Finally got to hear Sing for Absolution!! Bliss just topped that show too!

Hey Disco, don't write off the pit just because of a few AH's---and remember, most of those nutcases at Vegoose were there to see Rage, so naturally the crowd was a bit wild! I had one horrid experience too, also in Vegas (is there a pattern here...?), and got pretty squashed in Austin and a couple other gigs, but in the end it was so worth it! I was in the pit at Key, and on the barrier at Theater of the Clouds, which was heaven! So next time, in Seattle, you're coming with me---let the old broad protect you, you have to experience Muse from the front row at least once!

How olds are your Muser kids? BTW you are an official MuseMom now, since you and your kids go to Muse gigs together!

(Actually I think Muse played 2nd, after Metric, at EndFest; they said it was because their setup was so elaborate. They were waaaaayy better than the so-called headliners, it must have been embarrassing for the other bands, if they had been sober, which they weren't!)

Yeah, the Paramount setlist was great: Muscle Museum! Why has that become such a rarity! And the crowd-boating aliens during Forced In was hilarious!

I know I need to see Muse from the front! I'd love to go with you guys! Unfotunately, my little boy who LOVES Muse almost as much as I do is only 11, seriously, he is mayby 4'9 and seriously only weighs 63 pounds (he eats like a pig too!) so taking him into the would be suicidal. My daughter doesn't really like them but she wants to see them at least once (I told her I would take her next time they come) Shes 15 but taller then me.

About Endfest, we still laugh about Echo. Dang, how drunk was that man! And Karen O going AFTER Muse !?!?!! She sounded so horrible my sister actualy got up and left because she sounded like a cat getting it's tail run over!

I actually watched the "Forced In" performance the other day. I didn't realize that Matt was just sitting back in the drum riser w/ Dom the whole time. That was thier last show together so I guess the Like had to do something special, right?:LOL:

7 times...

16/06/07 - Wembley Stadium - Golden Circle. Just amazing. So many Muse fans in the same place...

17/06/07 - Wembley Stadium - Golden Circle. Finally got to hear Sing for Absolution!! Bliss just topped that show too!

That was one of the most amazing things about Wembley weekend: so many Muse fans in the same place! An entire town full of Musers; our hotel completely full of Musers, Muse shirts in the elevator, Muse shirts on the street and in the bar and at the ATM and everywhere!

We need Muse Fest!

I know I need to see Muse from the front! I'd love to go with you guys! Unfotunately, my little boy who LOVES Muse almost as much as I do is only 11, seriously, he is mayby 4'9 and seriously only weighs 63 pounds (he eats like a pig too!) so taking him into the would be suicidal. My daughter doesn't really like them but she wants to see them at least once (I told her I would take her next time they come) Shes 15 but taller then me.

About Endfest, we still laugh about Echo. Dang, how drunk was that man! And Karen O going AFTER Muse !?!?!! She sounded so horrible my sister actualy got up and left because she sounded like a cat getting it's tail run over!

I actually watched the "Forced In" performance the other day. I didn't realize that Matt was just sitting back in the drum riser w/ Dom the whole time. That was thier last show together so I guess the Like had to do something special, right?:LOL:

By the time Muse come back to Seattle, your son will be 12 or 13; I'll have my big boys show him how it's done! And if your daughter experiences a Muse concert, especially from right down front, she will be a fan for life!

The crowdboating was so hilarious, and maybe the funniest thing was the usually stolid Chris laughing so hysterically that he could barely play! Hard to see in the clip, but from my angle is was too funny!

He had to turn his back just to keep his cool! (And Tom Kirk was obviously in on the gag, as he had visuals of the gals during their entire stunt!)

yay Seattle! (and we got Microcuts this year!)

29 times. Reading festival was my favourite. Closely followed by the 2 Wembley Stadium shows
29 times? ARE YOU SERIOUS? :eek:
should have been 2...milan & verona....then my father had heart attack on 15\7....now he's ok but i still have my ticket making fun of me from my library:mad:
That's awful, man :( Cool poster though.

ha - finally i put them all in a list

Legend:

*** the very best

** the best

* nearly the best

the worst was obviously the one that was cancelled - that would be me first time seeing them in the US, but because of the accident with Matt in Atlanta, they had to cancell. It would have been the smallest venue as it is a little bar with a corner stage. Boy was I upset, and booked the flight to Chicago the same night. I also missed the opportunity to see them in Washington DC in the spring of 2000 because i was nine month pregnant, such a mistake to miss it!!!!

Rock im Park, Nurenberg, Germany 19-05-2002

Stunt Festival, Moscow, Russia 26-05-2002

**Wembley Arena, London, UK 27-11-2003

Nottinghem Arena, Nottinghem, UK 28-11-2003

Manchester Arena, Manchester UK 29-11-2003

Khyber, Philadelphia, NJ USA 12-04-2004 (cancelled, alas)

***Metro, Chicago, IL USA 23-04-2004 (meet&greet)

Curiosa Festival, Camden NJ USA 01-08-2004 (setlist)

Curiosa Festival, MD USA 06-08-2004 (meet&greet)

9:30 Club, Washington, DC USA 08-11- 2004

The Newport, Columbus, Ohio USA 28-11- 2004

Campus Invasion, Philadelphia NJ USA 15-05-2005

Campus Invasion, MD USA 16-05-2005 (meet&greet, setlist)

Werchter Festival, Belgium 30-06-2006

Market Square, Arras, France 1-07-06 (afterparty)

Filmore Auditorium, Denver CO USA 24-07-2006 (setlist, meet&greet, afterparty)

**Hammerstein Ballroom, New York NY USA 3-08-2006

*Electric Factory, Philadelphia NJ USA 4-08-2006

**Agora Theater, Cleveland, OH USA 10-9-2006 (meet&greet; backstage VIP)

Lifestyle Community Pavillion, Columbus OH USA 11-9-2006 (meet&greet)

Merriweather Post Pavilion (Supporting MCR) Columbia, MD, USA 27 Apr 2007

William & Mary (Supporting MCR) Williamsburg, VA, USA 28 Apr 2007 (drumstick, setlist, meet&greet, afterparty)

*** Wembley Stadium London, UK 16 Jun 2007

*Wembley Stadium London, UK 17 Jun 2007

** Madison Square Garden New York City, NY, USA 06 Aug 2007

** The Patriot Center Fairfax, VA, USA 09 Aug 2007 (drumstick)

Festival Pier Philadelphia, PA, USA 10 Aug 2007

Kyiv Sports Hall Kyiv, Ukraine 13 Oct 2007

*** DS Luzhniki Moscow, Russia 15 Oct 2007

The outcome: I am learning to play drums

3 times

28/1/07 Big Day Out, Melbourne

31/1/07 Festival Hall, Melbourne

15/11/07 Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne

I have to say Festival Hall was my favourite because it was the first proper Muse gig I went to and I was front row. Right in front of Matt.

ha - finally i put them all in a list

Legend:

*** the very best

** the best

* nearly the best

the worst was obviously the one that was cancelled - that would be me first time seeing them in the US, but because of the accident with Matt in Atlanta, they had to cancell. It would have been the smallest venue as it is a little bar with a corner stage. Boy was I upset, and booked the flight to Chicago the same night. I also missed the opportunity to see them in Washington DC in the spring of 2000 because i was nine month pregnant, such a mistake to miss it!!!!

Rock im Park, Nurenberg, Germany 19-05-2002

Stunt Festival, Moscow, Russia 26-05-2002

**Wembley Arena, London, UK 27-11-2003

Nottinghem Arena, Nottinghem, UK 28-11-2003

Manchester Arena, Manchester UK 29-11-2003

Khyber, Philadelphia, NJ USA 12-04-2004 (cancelled, alas)

***Metro, Chicago, IL USA 23-04-2004 (meet&greet)

Curiosa Festival, Camden NJ USA 01-08-2004 (setlist)

Curiosa Festival, MD USA 06-08-2004 (meet&greet)

9:30 Club, Washington, DC USA 08-11- 2004

The Newport, Columbus, Ohio USA 28-11- 2004

Campus Invasion, Philadelphia NJ USA 15-05-2005

Campus Invasion, MD USA 16-05-2005 (meet&greet, setlist)

Werchter Festival, Belgium 30-06-2006

Market Square, Arras, France 1-07-06 (afterparty)

Filmore Auditorium, Denver CO USA 24-07-2006 (setlist, meet&greet, afterparty)

**Hammerstein Ballroom, New York NY USA 3-08-2006

*Electric Factory, Philadelphia NJ USA 4-08-2006

**Agora Theater, Cleveland, OH USA 10-9-2006 (meet&greet; backstage VIP)

Lifestyle Community Pavillion, Columbus OH USA 11-9-2006 (meet&greet)

Merriweather Post Pavilion (Supporting MCR) Columbia, MD, USA 27 Apr 2007

William & Mary (Supporting MCR) Williamsburg, VA, USA 28 Apr 2007 (drumstick, setlist, meet&greet, afterparty)

*** Wembley Stadium London, UK 16 Jun 2007

*Wembley Stadium London, UK 17 Jun 2007

** Madison Square Garden New York City, NY, USA 06 Aug 2007

** The Patriot Center Fairfax, VA, USA 09 Aug 2007 (drumstick)

Festival Pier Philadelphia, PA, USA 10 Aug 2007

Kyiv Sports Hall Kyiv, Ukraine 13 Oct 2007

*** DS Luzhniki Moscow, Russia 15 Oct 2007

The outcome: I am learning to play drums

Yes, 29 times. The best year ever!!! :)

If my count is correct, it looks like Helen T and Hyper are tied at 29! (Does my 22 put me in 2nd place?)

[Hey, Hyper, thanx for the pix from Trafalgar; the one of me with the donations bucket is now enshrined in the Photo Thread as my official pic!]

Archived