200 capacity venue is extremely rare though, and venues like those are mostly secret/private shows like the one NIN did during the Year Zero viral. Even the most obscure bands usually play at venues that are atleast 700 which are pretty much just clubs, so that's an odd and for the most of the part not recommended number to do. Especially considering this is Muse we're talking about.

Mercury Lounge in NYC is 250 people and lots of bands play there. Muse played there waaaaay back when. The Killers played there in 03/04. The Studio at Webster Hall is another venue thats only a couple hundred people. Biffy Clyro played there on Saturday.The only way to really catch bands in a 200 capacity venue is when they just start off.

Mercury Lounge in NYC is 250 people and lots of bands play there. Muse played there waaaaay back when. The Killers played there in 03/04. The Studio at Webster Hall is another venue thats only a couple hundred people. Biffy Clyro played there on Saturday.The only way to really catch bands in a 200 capacity venue is when they just start off.

Yeah, Biffy Clyro are pretty much fresh off the bus from Scotland and haven't been touring for years and years. :LOL:

Just because bands don't get big in American, doesn't mean they're just starting off. That's quite naïve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MetbQkqzAGA

200 capacity venue is extremely rare though, and venues like those are mostly secret/private shows like the one NIN did during the Year Zero viral. Even the most obscure bands usually play at venues that are atleast 700 which are pretty much just clubs, so that's an odd and for the most of the part not recommended number to do. Especially considering this is Muse we're talking about.

That's not 200 capacity.

Yeah, Biffy Clyro are pretty much fresh off the bus from Scotland and haven't been touring for years and years. :LOL:

Just because bands don't get big in American, doesn't mean they're just starting off. That's quite naïve.

Biffy Clyro are pretty much starting off in America in terms of getting recognition. Surely you don't think I thought they were a new band?

That's not 200 capacity.

I know that.

The stage is small however. I have been there multiple times, so point still stands. It wouldn't be much of a difference in a 200 capacity show since it's at a far end of a night club which has an approximate 750 capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
as massive and interactive as they like, just dont restrict the setlists as a result.

This. I feel like Muse wouldn't be Muse without the big gestures, and that doesn't bother me - but a good setlist mix-up would be much appreciated. The Stadium shows failed so hard at that.

Archived