Are you a fest n00b? That's ok, Haley has done this many times. Many, MANY times. So, let me try to prevent you from making silly choices while you are on your Muser travels.

AGENTHAL'S ADVICE COLUMN

Don't be stupid, bring a backpack or at least some sort of bag. Bring in two SEALED water bottles, they have refill stations for free water (lines get long though!).

Other things for your pack:

- Sunscreen - no aerosal cans! There are plastic spray-on ones, but I recommend getting cream that's like SPF 80+ and just applying it once in the morning and you're good all day. I always do this and only my scalp burned last year. Hence the next one on this last...

- Hat

- Sunglasses

- Towel, blanket, something to sit on (no chairs, but Crazy Creeks are fine); this will get really gross, last year I just brought hotel ones with me each day :p

- Baby wipes

- Roll of toilet paper (trust me on these last two)

- Cash along with a credit card

- Mini fans are handy, like what they have at Disney world

- SNEAKERS. You're an idiot for wearing flip flops. At least do Tevas are something.

- Poncho. It could rain, did last year.

- Digital camera (not an SLR; you may be able to get it in but it depends if it's worth it for you)

- Also, GOLD BOND. If you ever go to a hot festival, especially Bonnaroo, that is the number 1 thing people will recommend if asked. :LOL: Chafing, chafing, chafing... IS NO FUN. Unless you are super skinny, if it gets hot, you will wish you had it.

You can't bring in food, but this is the benefit of a backpack. I am always able to easily sneak in crackers and granola bars and such to last me a day at the barrier. There's food in there of course, but it's expensive and you don't always have the time (or aren't nearby)!

Keep in mind, Grant Park is HUGE. If you're planning on running to the barrier, keep in mind it's far from the gate. Will be like a 15 minute walk.

You won't be able to queue at the gate to get in early in the morning, they won't let you. Gates open at 10am I believe, though. You'll hear the Star Wars music.

Can't think of much else to say. It's a blast and I usually try to catch as many acts as possible. There's also lots of cool stuff around, like the hammock areas and the Playstation tent (they usually have free stuff like mats, sunglasses, and I won sidestage passes from them next year!). Feel free to PM me with questions. :)

Hahaha, yeah. I have a hostel booked just in case ever since I got back from last year's Lolla, though Amanda says I can stay with her. If I can, I'll SO be there! :D JOB HUNTING TIME! I want to do Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Lolla next summer. Would be EPIC.

you also could stay with me. i'll be in chicago for the summer and prob have my friend's apartment so you obviously can stay there. i've actually met you so i know you're not a creeper. :LOL:

and for the record, i really want to do coachella with you... we shall discuss.

Had been hoping that they wouldn't be doing any shows close enough for me to get to because I was hoping to see U2 next year since the dates were rescheduled (and it gives me plenty of time to save). But knowing that I could see Muse @ Lolla (especially if, as the article says, they'll only be doing a few shows next year); well I don't think I could pass it up! So yeah, if this happens, I'll likely be there!

I can't seriously be considering taking another trip to see them.... :noey::facepalm::LOL:

Hahaha, yeah. I have a hostel booked just in case ever since I got back from last year's Lolla, though Amanda says I can stay with her. If I can, I'll SO be there! :D JOB HUNTING TIME! I want to do Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Lolla next summer. Would be EPIC.

I plan on making at least one big summer festival in 2012, though my chances for next year are slim. I was putting Coachella and Bonnaroo both a bit higher than Lolla though, mostly for the camping which would end up cheaper and a much cooler experience.

Though, Muse probably won't be at any of the big ones in 2012 :( And theres so much potential for 2011. Radiohead, U2, Muse, Daft Punk, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, and the Strokes will all probably be hitting the festival circuit hard and all bands i really wanna see (Well, see again for Muse and U2, but yeah). At least I'll make ACL and Voodoo in 2011

you also could stay with me. i'll be in chicago for the summer and prob have my friend's apartment so you obviously can stay there. i've actually met you so i know you're not a creeper. :LOL:

and for the record, i really want to do coachella with you... we shall discuss.

Awesome. Now I can feel safer that I have SOMEWHERE to stay. :D And yes, Coachella, discuss, much later. :p

I won't be able to do ACL and Voodoo in 2011 because I'll be abroad, so I gotta do Coachella, Roo, and Lolla, yeah? At least I got this year's ACL in 2 weeks! :D

I would really love to go (especially knowing ahead of time so I can plan :awesome:) but I'd be so nervous about really confirming anything or buying a ticket and making travel plans or something til we have more proof/know for sure.

When do they usually announce the lineup? And when do tickets go on sale? (:LOL: I know it's like, a year away, but I wanna think ahead! Especially because I'd have to fly out there)

All it says is that they were offered the headlining spot, not that they were accepting it. My gut tells me they will because they love to play live and will be itching to get back on stage by next summer. As of right now, I will be making plans to go until I hear otherwise.

All it says is that they were offered the headlining spot, not that they were accepting it. My gut tells me they will because they love to play live and will be itching to get back on stage by next summer. As of right now, I will be making plans to go until I hear otherwise.

Pretty much my thinking. Hell, I went this year and I'd like to go again next year anyways. Like ACL for me, which I planned to do way before Muse were announced (though I was like 99% sure they would be playing it). So yeah, Muse would just be a big added bonus for me to make sure I go.

I just booked my hotel. I am going on a gut feeling that this WILL HAPPEN. :D I am so excited for the rest of this tour, and the thought of getting to see them again in 2011 is too good to pass up. When will they announce it officially? April. Gah, that's a long time away. Oh well, something to look forward to.

Archived