Blech! Doesn't it get humid there too? California gets extremely hot, but it's a dry heat. I can't stand humidity.

Oh, and I got my wristband yesterday! :awesome: One less thing to worry about for this trip!

I'd guess it does, but I wouldn't know for sure, only went up there for vacation once or twice, and it was cool both times. I suggest bring one of those spray fans if it's gonna be hot that day.

And that's great :D

How hot is it out there? It's been an unusually cool summer here, so I'm not prepared for the heat like I would have been last year. :(

It has been insanely hot and humid here. Today was like a frakking sauna. I used to live in Houston; the weather in Indy has mirrored what it's like there. Heat index in the 100-110 range. My daughter's soccer team has been on restrictions on outdoor conditioning because of it, in addition to changing the practice time to after 7. So those portable fans someone mentioned? Probably a good idea. Bring extra batteries for them.

It has been insanely hot and humid here. Today was like a frakking sauna. I used to live in Houston; the weather in Indy has mirrored what it's like there. Heat index in the 100-110 range. My daughter's soccer team has been on restrictions on outdoor conditioning because of it, in addition to changing the practice time to after 7. So those portable fans someone mentioned? Probably a good idea. Bring extra batteries for them.

That sounds very scary. Heat + Waiting with little water + standing all day on rail = I hope I can make it through!

That sounds very scary. Heat + Waiting with little water + standing all day on rail = I hope I can make it through!

We're allowed two sealed water bottles up to 1 liter, though. If the hostel has a freezer we can use, we should stick them in there overnight. :yesey:

Also, here's something you can use to keep cool: link. We gave these out to the Special Olympics athletes. Now they have wraps to put under your boobs, too! :chuckle:

We're allowed two sealed water bottles up to 1 liter, though. If the hostel has a freezer we can use, we should stick them in there overnight. :yesey:

Also, here's something you can use to keep cool: link. We gave these out to the Special Olympics athletes. Now they have wraps to put under your boobs, too! :chuckle:

I am SO getting a boob cooler.

Blech! Doesn't it get humid there too? California gets extremely hot, but it's a dry heat. I can't stand humidity.

Oh, and I got my wristband yesterday! :awesome: One less thing to worry about for this trip!

Question about wristbands: Do they mail them to you or do I have to get them when I go to Chicago? I have my tickets printed out, but no wristbands yet

Also I really hope the heat isn't so bad. This will be my first music festival so I'll be nervous enough without the threat of passing out with heat stroke :(

Question about wristbands: Do they mail them to you or do I have to get them when I go to Chicago? I have my tickets printed out, but no wristbands yet

Also I really hope the heat isn't so bad. This will be my first music festival so I'll be nervous enough without the threat of passing out with heat stroke :(

Looks like you have will call you'll have to go on the thursday t pick it up or on the day of the festival

Has anyone noticed that on the lolla iPhone ap it says Muse is on from 9:15-11:00pm......but the website says they are on from 8:15-10:00pm.....confusing, no?

The iPhone app varies depending on your time zone. Since I'm on the west coast, it says 6:15-8:00 for me. I'm sure it'll default to the correct time when you're in Chicago. Kinda dumb but whatever.

You guys want hot? It's supposed to be 100 in Toronto tomorrow, with a humidity of 118!

It's like that all over Canada! So its obvious it will be like that at Chicago too... wish all you best of luck! Don't pass out, stay hydrated!

I sure hope this heat wave breaks before the start of August. I live south of St. Louis and it has been miserable to say the least. For those you are not used to this type of weather just know that the combination heat & humidity will make it worse than you can imagine. Please drink plenty and use some common sense because if these temps continue(or anywhere within 10-15 degrees) it will be a dangerous situation.

As far as wristbands I think it depends on what you ordered. I think you pick them up at the gate unless you ordered the special package. The other last time I went you I got mine at the gate, but this time I order the special package and they have already been delivered.

I can't wait for Lolla. Be safe and have fun.

I have been camping this whole week in St. Louis. It was horrible because of how hot it was and the humidity makes it even worse. But at least I am somewhat used to it now and I will be a bit more prepared for the weather in Chicago.

Just a tad off topic, but Youtube will be streaming the festival so we will be able to watch Muse's set!

:awesome:

Are we sure they'll be streaming Muse though? They don't stream every act and last year they didn't really stream any headliners except for a few Green Day songs.

Archived