This same discussion is happening over at the Indy FB page too. Maybe instead of one huge flag all the musers should bring a different color hexagon made out of a big piece of tagboard? then when we all meet up we can create a huge version of the resistance honeycomb? :unsure:

I'm not going, but I'm going to encourage you guys to do that! You should be able to bring it in, and it will look really cool!

Btw, I forgot to mention that I really like the hexagon idea BUT I'm afraid that will send a "We love TR, please play songs from it instead of awesome rarities" message :LOL:

In that case, maybe we should have cutouts of Absolution people...but in pretty Resistance colors. :LOL:

Just crowd surf from the back, and then just drop the weight in your body when you get within the range you wanna be :p

haha all kidding aside thats a really good idea..

i love/hate crowd surfing. love it because its such an adrenaline rush and its the classic thing to do at a concert, but hate it because if i land accidentally land on someone or kick them or whatever they yell at you at piss at you for being an ass (this has happened to me so many times its ridiculous). seriously if i'm ruining your rock concert experience by crowdsurfing, a tradition and part of every rock concert, because I got thrown into you, you may want to reconsider what you think to be the concert experience. i rant this as i've been punched in the face before by some chick at A Day To Remember concert, a HARDCORE-SCREAMO band i dont even like and was dragged to their concert, but I got pissed at for crowdsurfing at that type of concert. people are so ridiculous sometimes...

haha all kidding aside thats a really good idea..

i love/hate crowd surfing. love it because its such an adrenaline rush and its the classic thing to do at a concert, but hate it because if i land accidentally land on someone or kick them or whatever they yell at you at piss at you for being an ass (this has happened to me so many times its ridiculous). seriously if i'm ruining your rock concert experience by crowdsurfing, a tradition and part of every rock concert, because I got thrown into you, you may want to reconsider what you think to be the concert experience. i rant this as i've been punched in the face before by some chick at A Day To Remember concert, a HARDCORE-SCREAMO band i dont even like and was dragged to their concert, but I got pissed at for crowdsurfing at that type of concert. people are so ridiculous sometimes...

AMEN. I hate that too. I've never crowdsurfed but that's such a good point.

Sleigh Bells cancelled their Lolla performance?! Aw man! I seem to have bad luck trying to catch these guys live.

Here's what they posted on their Facebook page:

Derek and I want to sincerely apologize to all we have disappointed for canceling our Lollapalooza performance. We feel very strongly that it is the best route for Sleigh Bells, as we are currently completely devoted to writing and recording our next record. We wanted to be honest and let you know at least a month in advance. I hope you will all trust our judgement and support us in this decision. We will be back in 2012 with new music and more shows! Love, A + D

They saw that they got a 45min slot and thought, "shit we don't have enough material to do that! Let's make a new album instead :)"

Hehe, glad they're working on new material. Always wondered about new bands who only have so much material to work with live.

I just assumed Alexis was too ashamed to show up in Chicago wearing that Michael Jordan knock-off jersey she wears at shows.

A fellow fan of The National, eh? :)

whoa, crowd surfing actually happens at Lollapalooza? granted, I've only been to a few gigs big enough to actually have room to crowd surf, but no one ever did.

if I get to go, then I'm sooo going to do it.

yeah i'd be a little scared if there was no crowd surfing at a music festival such as lollapalooza..

so im sure you can count on gettin up there ;)

So what do you think the chances are of getting Citizen Erased?? They've played it alot this summer. I'm pretty much going Friday from STL banking solely on them playing some songs I haven't heard live yet.

I'd say the chances of ANY rarity aren't great, but CE or Bliss would definitely be more likely. My fingers are crossed (though I'd prefer Bliss personally since I've never seen it live, but I'll take what I can get :LOL:)

Arctic Monkeys for sure!! I love them too damn much to not go.

Plus, I'll be seeing White Lies Aug 2nd and they're playing on the same stage as Muse on the Friday. And I'll be seeing TDCC in September in Toronto so it all works out very well. I'd still choose AM anyway haha

Gonna go with TDCC. I love Arctic Monkeys, but I'll see them on Sunday at the festival, plus the following weekend at Outside Lands. I could technically see TDCC here in LA in September too, but no one I asked was interested, so that will be my first aftershow of choice. Undecided about the ones on Thursday and Friday nights but leaning towards Local Natives.

Since I have no desire to browse through over 100+ pages of responses, I am going to post my previously undisclosed desires for the set list...feel free to do the same...let's see who gets closest/who's most delusional:

Apocalypse Please

Cave

Take a Bow

Hoodoo

Knights of Cydonia

Butterflies and Hurricanes

MK-ULTRA

Forced In

Plug in Baby

Map of your Head

Soldier's Poem

Falling Down

Sing for Absolution

Unintended

Glorious

Time is Running Out

Ultimate Wish that'll never be fulfilled: Shine

And I think we should tell people we meet throughout the day to stay and chant for an encore...anyways that's me

Archived