Shit. If Foos are Sunday, then Eminem has to be Saturday (he's in Kansas Friday), which means Coldplay will be Friday. Muse can't be Saturday because they're in Kansas. So it's Muse vs. Foos on Sunday or Muse vs. Coldplay on Friday. Since Muse has been rumored for Friday for a while, that makes me extremely nervous. That's just not fair.:'(

Sorry if it's already been answered, but when will they actually announce days? Both Coldplay and Muse have posted on their sites that they'll announce their days when they know, but the Foo Fighters seem to already know.

Uh-oh... Muse vs. Coldplay would freakin' break my heart :'( And if they play Sunday, it means no soccer with Chris :'(

Damn it, now I'm gonna be paranoid and wondering until we know the schedule! I've heard it's usually announced sometime in June... So far away :supersad:

I'm really worried about this too. :( Surely they realize that Muse's and Coldplay's fanbases overlap a lot. I know they can't (or won't) analyze fanbases to create the entire schedule, but surely they'll consider it for the headliners.

And am I the only one around here that really wants to see Eminem? Muse, Coldplay and Em are my top 3 headliners, but only Muse trumps everyone else for the weekend. I don't know how I'd decide between Eminem and Coldplay.

Those are my top 3 too. And like you, if it ended up being Eminem vs Coldplay, I'd have a very tough decision to make.

Shit. If Foos are Sunday, then Eminem has to be Saturday (he's in Kansas Friday), which means Coldplay will be Friday. Muse can't be Saturday because they're in Kansas. So it's Muse vs. Foos on Sunday or Muse vs. Coldplay on Friday. Since Muse has been rumored for Friday for a while, that makes me extremely nervous. That's just not fair.:'(

That's my reasoning. Will probably be announced a month before the fest.

Luckily, I'm seeing Eminem at Bonnaroo, so I'd LOVE if it was Em vs. Muse or something. Foos, Muse, and Coldplay all have the most similar fanbases, so it's not very smart for them to not have those 3 on different days. Fingers crossed!

I decided to see what they're saying on the Lollaboards and came across this thread, where it says MMJ is playing Saturday, so those of us who wanted to see both Coldplay and Eminem, looks like we don't have to worry about them conflicting. All we have to worry about (those of us who want to see Coldplay) is if the play opposite Muse, which sadly seems likely if what we've heard about Muse playing Friday is true. :(

I decided to see what they're saying on the Lollaboards and came across this thread, where it says MMJ is playing Saturday, so those of us who wanted to see both Coldplay and Eminem, looks like we don't have to worry about them conflicting. All we have to worry about (those of us who want to see Coldplay) is if the play opposite Muse, which sadly seems likely if what we've heard about Muse playing Friday is true. :(

Damn, maybe I'll go to an aftershow Saturday instead. I'm catching both Em and MMJ at Roo but maybe we'll get lucky and Coldplay will do a show at the Vic Theatre like Soundgarden. :p

So this means maybe...

Fri: Coldplay vs. Muse

Sat: Eminem vs. MMJ

Sun: Foo Fighters vs. Deadmau5

Booooo. Also means Foos and Em will be PACKED shows.

Hmm, except Crystal Castle are on Friday and they would make sense playing into Deadmau5... either way, we're going to have Muse vs. Foos or Muse vs. Coldplay I guess. Stupid fest organizers! Dumb, dumb. Unless they put Em vs. Foos on Sunday. Please oh please.

Damn, maybe I'll go to an aftershow Saturday instead. I'm catching both Em and MMJ at Roo but maybe we'll get lucky and Coldplay will do a show at the Vic Theatre like Soundgarden. :p

So this means maybe...

Hmm, except Crystal Castle are on Friday and they would make sense playing into Deadmau5... either way, we're going to have Muse vs. Foos or Muse vs. Coldplay I guess. Stupid fest organizers! Dumb, dumb. Unless they put Em vs. Foos on Sunday. Please oh please.

I would much prefer Muse to play on Sunday. Yes it would be against the Foos, but I have seen them before (many years ago) and I really want to see Coldplay. Would suck for my friends that really want to see Foos though. :(

I would much prefer Muse to play on Sunday. Yes it would be against the Foos, but I have seen them before (many years ago) and I really want to see Coldplay. Would suck for my friends that really want to see Foos though. :(

Yeah, in a worst case scenario... I would prefer this too.

So this means maybe...

Shit. This lineup is indeed too good to be true. For me it'll be picking between Coldplay/Muse/Foo/mau5 (any of the combination amongst the four). Whether Muse plays Friday or Sunday, I'm going to have to make a big decision (lol).

Damn you Kanrocksas/Kansucksas.

So this means maybe...

:mad::mad: That seems like the most likely set up, which sucks big time!

Yes, please! I know it would suck for lots of other people, but I wanna see Coldplay! :'( And really, the fanbase overlap is huge. I thought the Muse Friday thing had come from a few separate clues, though. :'(

Shit. This lineup is indeed too good to be true. For me it'll be picking between Coldplay/Muse/Foo/mau5 (any of the combination amongst the four). Whether Muse plays Friday or Sunday, I'm going to have to make a big decision (lol).

Damn you Kanrocksas/Kansucksas.

If it helps you decide, I thought Deadmau5 was extremely boring at Voodoo Fest :LOL: so much so I found myself I was wishing I was at MGMT's set that was right then too (some of you will understand the significance of that, lol) ;)

If it helps you decide, I thought Deadmau5 was extremely boring at Voodoo Fest :LOL: so much so I found myself I was wishing I was at MGMT's set that was right then too (some of you will understand the significance of that, lol) ;)

Hahah. Well boring as he may be, I guess I still would like to see and hear for a few songs. But in that case....I should just skip him (again :().

‎Hmmmm....must be an echo in here of an earlier twitter conversation between me, Ducky, Gretchen and Steph.

I actually said the same thing this afternoon in a conversation with Marena on twitter :LOL: That's funny

EDIT: Actually I said "like if we get a stage like The Vaccines --> White Lies --> Cage the Elephant --> Arctic Monkeys --> Muse I'm camping lol" but close enough :LOL:

]I really want to see the Foos and Coldplay. I dont want either to be playing the same time as Muse[/b] :'( They all have similar fanbases' date=' so hopefully they wont schedule them at the same time :supersad: I do LOVE the lineup though. I really want to see WL, AM, and the Vaccines. :)[/quote']

I'm right there with you, although my problem would be Foos vs Muse. I would cry, and they wouldn't be tears of joy :'(

I quite like the lineup. There are lot of bands that I'd like to see, but probably wouldn't bother if they played locally.

I know! Maybe Muse (as #4) will get bumped down to subheadliner, and will play before Foos for a glorious Sunday finale. Then the Foo/Muse fanbase can just stay put for 2 sets, and Dave Grohl can grope Chris some more. Last year Muse headlined Coachella without actually closing the stage, so it's not unheard of.

:chuckle:

/wishful thinking

I know! Maybe Muse (as #4) will get bumped down to subheadliner, and will play before Foos for a glorious Sunday finale. Then the Foo/Muse fanbase can just stay put for 2 sets, and Dave Grohl can grope Chris some more. Last year Muse headlined Coachella without actually closing the stage, so it's not unheard of.

:chuckle:

/wishful thinking

Ooooh as long as it wouldn't cut their setlist any shorter, I find this option acceptable :p

It's not like they're going to play over 14 songs or anyways ;):LOL:

Well of course it's gonna be a short festival set, but I just mean hopefully if they end up being a sub, it won't cut it any shorter than it already is!

EDIT: By the way, pretty sure Muse'll be doing Friday. On the iPhone app, it has Lolla listed as the 5th, and on the main site, if you RSVP to Lolla as attending, it also says the 5th. Not that this is surprising, but this definitely changes up our scheduling options!

Well of course it's gonna be a short festival set, but I just mean hopefully if they end up being a sub, it won't cut it any shorter than it already is!

No, I know, I was just making fun of how short their sets are, don't mind me. :p

I hope there's a good aftershow on Saturday if it's Eminem vs. My Morning Jacket so I can skip them. I'm seeing both at Roo so that's the most disappointing combo for me, curses! :LOL:

Archived