Heads-up to anyone wanting to relive the gig properly :LOL:

This guy here has almost the entire show (no MotP, USoE, or Starlight though :() on youtube in INSANE quality. He wasn't right up front, so the view isn't great, but the audio quality is incredibly professional sounding... I DL-ed/converted his videos and am using them as a makeshift bootleg til we get a real one :chuckle: (And even then, this might be better quality, so I'm keeping it :p)

http://www.youtube.com/user/RTMorasonMD

Ducky, your playlist isn't working for me :supersad: It says it "can't be found' whenver I click it! :(

I don't know why this is bothering me so much, but I'm trying to figure out what the heck Matt said before they played CE. I remember him mumbling something into the mic that I couldn't quite make out. After listening intently on countless youtube videos, I still can't figure it out :chuckle: It was so nice having Matt be so chatty at this gig... too bad he talks so darn fast that you can't understand half of it :p

Ducky, your playlist isn't working for me :supersad: It says it "can't be found' whenver I click it! :(

I don't know why this is bothering me so much, but I'm trying to figure out what the heck Matt said before they played CE. I remember him mumbling something into the mic that I couldn't quite make out. After listening intently on countless youtube videos, I still can't figure it out :chuckle: It was so nice having Matt be so chatty at this gig... too bad he talks so darn fast that you can't understand half of it :p

Oh my goodness me too! I really, really want to know what he said

ugh... i think the board broke the link :$

Try this:

About what Matt said before CE, can you link a vid of it? :shifty:

ugh... i think the board broke the link :$

Try this:

About what Matt said before CE, can you link a vid of it? :shifty:

Yay, it works now! :D

And this is the video where I can hear him the clearest... I'm now like 90% sure he says "We're gonna play an older number now"

I don't even know why I cared so much :chuckle: Probably because Matt actually saying more than just "thank you" between songs is so unusual :LOL:

PS: Ducky, you were very clearly right near me at Lolla. :LOL: We probably talked to each other and never knew it :chuckle: I didn't get like, anyone's .mu usernames that day. Now whenever someone posts, I'm like "Do I know them?" Even the people I added on fbook... half of them, I don't know who they are on here :LOL:

PPSS: Yeah, you were definitely near me :LOL: I was the girl with the drumstick sign that you referenced in the description of your KoC video :p Stupid security guard... :indiff: At least if he'd given it to one of you guys you would have broken off a piece for me or something, if not given me the whole thing (or at least I hope you guys would have :LOL:) But now it's lost forever :noey:

Okay, I'm done editing this post now. :p Clearly I'm enjoying your videos. :LOL:

Yay, it works now! :D

And this is the video where I can hear him the clearest... I'm now like 90% sure he says "We're gonna play an older number now"

I don't even know why I cared so much :chuckle: Probably because Matt actually saying more than just "thank you" between songs is so unusual :LOL:

Oh, I understand! I was the same way with something I heard him say at the Patriot Center gig, it took me MONTHS to find a video they didn't cut out right before he talked so I could decipher it!

PS: Ducky, you were very clearly right near me at Lolla. : We probably talked to each other and never knew it :chuckle: I didn't get like, anyone's .mu usernames that day. Now whenever someone posts, I'm like "Do I know them?" Even the people I added on fbook... half of them, I don't know who they are on here

PPSS: Yeah, you were definitely near me :LOL: I was the girl with the drumstick sign that you referenced in the description of your KoC video :p Stupid security guard... :indiff: At least if he'd given it to one of you guys you would have broken off a piece for me or something, if not given me the whole thing (or at least I hope you guys would have) But now it's lost forever :noey:

Okay, I'm done editing this post now. :p Clearly I'm enjoying your videos. :LOL:

ahhh, you were the one with the sign! I never saw the sign, but I heard about it later :( If I'd gotten the drumstick I'd have given it to you :) Stupid security guy... who did he even give it to? I just saw him pick it up and walk away then I lost track :indiff: It literally landed directly in front of me....

I bet we did see each other, and I probably have a pic or two of you because I took pics of the barrier/people sitting around :chuckle: I had a black exogenesis shirt and a semi-stupid hat that looked awful but kept the sun out of my eyes ;) I was one of the first people in line at the gate, in the 5am group, and was just about at the corner of the barrier (where the center aisle started)

I bet we did see each other, and I probably have a pic or two of you because I took pics of the barrier/people sitting around :chuckle: I had a black exogenesis shirt and a semi-stupid hat that looked awful but kept the sun out of my eyes ;) I was one of the first people in line at the gate, in the 5am group, and was just about at the corner of the barrier (where the center aisle started)

The description sounds familiar :LOL:. Amanda and I were right on the barrier and arrived with the 5:45AM group. She had a sleeveless top and I had a blue T-shirt and a Muse guitar pick necklace (and a blue umbrella). Also, we were next to Jessica (the girl with the red streak in her hair).

ahhh, you were the one with the sign! I never saw the sign, but I heard about it later :( If I'd gotten the drumstick I'd have given it to you :) Stupid security guy... who did he even give it to? I just saw him pick it up and walk away then I lost track :indiff: It literally landed directly in front of me....

I have no idea! :supersad: I wonder if he secretly kept it for himself or something... jerk :indiff:

Okay, then we definitely saw eachother. :p I was part of the 2nd (I think) group to arrive, at like 5:45 :p It was me, Flor (AguanteRiver), Liz, and I think Liberty too (It was so early... it's basically a blur now :LOL:). I was awesome and wore nothing Muse-related. :p Just a strapless blue plaid top (Oh...and shorts too :LOL:). I was next to Missy, if you know who that is. :)

(:LOL: This is fun... figuring out who was who :chuckle:)

The description sounds familiar :LOL:. Amanda and I were right on the barrier and arrived with the 5:45AM group. She had a sleeveless top and I had a blue T-shirt and a Muse guitar pick necklace (and a blue umbrella). Also, we were next to Jessica (the girl with the red streak in her hair).

I have no idea! :supersad: I wonder if he secretly kept it for himself or something... jerk :indiff:

Okay, then we definitely saw eachother. :p I was part of the 2nd (I think) group to arrive, at like 5:45 :p It was me, Flor (AguanteRiver), Liz, and I think Liberty too (It was so early... it's basically a blur now :LOL:). I was awesome and wore nothing Muse-related. :p Just a strapless blue plaid top (Oh...and shorts too :LOL:). I was next to Missy, if you know who that is. :)

(:LOL: This is fun... figuring out who was who :chuckle:)

:chuckle: yeah, I know who you guys both were now, I'm pretty sure! I was 2 people down from Missy... and I'm sure I have you in at least one picture lol

I'm incredibly bored right now... :LOL: And I realized that I never wrote-up my own "review" of the show/my experience, so I'm going to do it right now and post it a week late.... Because I'm just that cool :cool: I wrote a note about Lolla on Facebook, so I'm gonna steal some of that, but also elaborate haha. I wanna get all my thoughts about this gig down before I lose it all for good!

Okay, so I'm gonna skip the first half of my day... I'll just say that I got up at the crack of dawn and it was SO worth it. It was so fun hanging with musers all day and the time really flew by! The dash to the barrier was INTENSE (especially on my sprained ankle :LOL: but also incredibly worth it!)

I liked all the bands that played before Muse, so I won't go into detail there... Hehe. I'll just start where things get interesting: During White Lies, I saw this guy lingering on the side of the stage who looked suspiciously like Tom Kirk. It kind of distracted me during the performance... And it turns out I was right! He walked by us before APC came onstage. I felt so obnoxious calling out to him, but A. It was Tom Freakin' Kirk, so I had to say hi, and B. I had something important to give him. I stopped him to give him the socks and USB drive for Matt (which had the scrapbook files on it... most of you know that story already, so I'm not gonna get into it here hahaha), which he took (then gave back to me, promising he'd be back in 10 minutes for them. He came back in 15, but he hadn't forgotten me!). He was so sweet (and so good-looking! :stongue:) and I was just so happy that my scrapbook (well, an e-version of it) FINALLY got to the guys after 10 long months! I literally almost cried out of happiness!

Then, things got interesting again when, after APC, they started setting up and a guy walked onstage holding a setlist. Being a totally sneaky ninja, I snapped a pic of it and was able to zoom in and see what songs we were gonna get... including B&H and CE! I showed everyone around me (including several of you guys), and there was a massive freak-out on our side of the barrier :LOL: it was great! I'm also the one who got the pic of the random 2nd setlist they were carrying, which had Bliss on it. Part of me was kinda disappointed that we didn't get Bliss, only because I'd heard CE before in New Jersey, and even though it's my top favorite Muse song, I want Bliss SO badly :supersad: (Of course, hearing CE a 2nd time was absolutely incredible and, looking back, I'm happy we got it!)

So anyway, not long after that, the time had come! I literally burst into tears the second they walked onstage. There wasn't any hesitation. :$ :LOL:One minute I was staring at an empty stage listening to the siren intro. The next, Matt Bellamy was standing less than 20 feet in front of me, with Dom and Chris (and Morgan haha) not too much farther. This was my 2nd Muse show, and the first time I was in seats, so I'd never been so physically close to them before. It was like this crazy wave of emotion crashed over me... I was so embarrassed, but I couldn't stop myself! I cried pretty hard for about the first half of Uprising. It sounds ridiculous, but the only way I could bring myself to stop was thinking "They'll think you're a fucking loser if they look out in the crowd and see you crying your eyes out. Get a hold of yourself!" :LOL: It worked!

Like I said, this was only my 2nd time seeing Muse live before, but DAMN, they sounded good. Everything was so perfect. They had so much energy and seemed to really be enjoying themselves. And our spot was perfect too! For some reason, Matt ended up playing the solo for almost every song right in front of us. I lost my mind every time. :LOL:

The highlights for me were definitely B&H (I felt this strange rush of emotion during it... Singing along to the words live was so amazing!) CE (It was amazing enough in NJ from my seat... but on barrier... Holy moley, it was better than the first time!) and SS, when Matt attacked Dom's drums with his guitar. SO EPIC. I really wasn't expecting anything like that!

The only bad part (as most of you know) was at the very end, when Dom clearly looked right at my sign, threw the stick to me, and the idiot security guard picked it up and gave it away. I was so crushed, but I'll always know that stick was meant for me (and that Dom looked at me/acknowledged my existance hahaha) I've now sworn to myself that I will bring that sign to all future Muse gigs I attend until I get a drumstick, damn it! :p

Anyway, I didn't have time to be too upset at that moment though, because when I looked back up, the three of them were all waving and leaving the stage :'( I almost cried, knowing that I wouldn't see them again for a very long time. I totally lost all self-control. I screamed, waved, blew kisses, etc, so excited that they were looking down at me hahaha. Chris lingered in front of us for longer than the other two, which was pretty awesome (though he was probably mentally LOL-ing at all the crazy fangirls haha). Having your three idols looking right at you is such a crazy rush (which I know all of you are well aware of... again, barrier n00b here :LOL:)

And then that was it... they were gone! :'( On the way back to the hostel, Liz was nice enough to let me hold/touch/take a picture with the harmonica. It was very exciting to touch something that he had touched, and it felt almost like a consolation prize for the drumstick fiasco. So thanks for that, Liz! :D

Best gig of my life. Best night of my life. I really can't wait to see them again! I want nothing but the barrier from now on, for real! I hope they still have this incredible sound and energy next time they tour, because man, they were awesome.

I would loved to have got my videos up the night of Lolla but stupid internet at hostel was so damn slow, but finally they are now all up. Another great festival.

Knights Of Cydonia

Citizen Erased

Stockholm Syndrome

Helsinki Jam

Butterflies And Hurricanes

Resistance

Map of the Problematique

Hysteria

Uprising

Plug In Baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUnsTqd3EU Nishe United States Of Eurasia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKmZ2bXzERY Guiding Light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5Zy1eEuqg Undisclosed Desires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYw3aGQfi8 Supermassive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4s-YQJXI9s Time Is Running Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M70twuraWVg Bombtrack Riff

That whole thing with the drumstick was so disappointing. I knew he had intended it for TrebleRose but the security guard clearly didn't care. I was recording the whole thing until my finger slipped on the button and stopped right as the stick hit the ground because I was trying to get it for her.

That whole thing with the drumstick was so disappointing. I knew he had intended it for TrebleRose but the security guard clearly didn't care. I was recording the whole thing until my finger slipped on the button and stopped right as the stick hit the ground because I was trying to get it for her.

:mad: That damn security guard knew it was for her too! They had been chuckling at the sign all day, even helping her pick the sign up after it was dropped a couple of times.

You guys are so awesome, Musers are so great :) <3

I'm still so bummed about it... Finally had a good cry over it, and it actually helped. I'm now determined to get one next time I see them (which won't be for a long time, unfortunately). I'm gonna save the sign for reuse :) I figure now I know that Dom will likely see it and throw a stick to me, I'll just hope for nicer security guards next time :p:LOL:

Anyway, I miss Lolla so much. Can we build a time machine please? :chuckle:/:supersad:

:mad: That damn security guard knew it was for her too! They had been chuckling at the sign all day, even helping her pick the sign up after it was dropped a couple of times.

:rolleyes: it was so random... I wonder who ended up with it...? Like I said above, once it finally landed it was directly in front of me, why it wasn't handed to me (or Amanda who was also sort of by it) is beyond me...

:rolleyes: it was so random... I wonder who ended up with it...? Like I said above, once it finally landed it was directly in front of me, why it wasn't handed to me (or Amanda who was also sort of by it) is beyond me...

It ended up going to a girl who was two people over to my right (about four people on your right, dead-duck). I was reaching for it too, but the security guard chose to give it to her for some reason even though she was farther away and he had to walk over. He even waited until someone else moved their hands out of the way in order to give it to her. :wtf:

I'm so sorry you didn't get it TrebleRose. :( You deserved it a lot more than she did.

865333.gif This is like a support group :LOL:

Cally, it sounds like the security guard must have either known that girl, or she'd asked him ahead of time to get it for her. Either way, it's so unfair and ridiculous :supersad: My only consolation is knowing that Dom looked at me and acknowledged my existence :LOL: (cue fangirl swooning here :p).

I'm sure it'll work next time though (or I will die trying :LOL:). And I'm sure you'll all hear about it because I will be bouncing off the walls with joy and talking about it everywhere :chuckle:

I feel bad that my drumstick tragedy has kinda taken over the thread :chuckle: The same thing happened with the scrapbook thing in NJ. Having pathetic sob-stories involving mean security people is apparently becoming my trademark on this forum. :LOL:

It ended up going to a girl who was two people over to my right (about four people on your right, dead-duck). I was reaching for it too, but the security guard chose to give it to her for some reason even though she was farther away and he had to walk over. He even waited until someone else moved their hands out of the way in order to give it to her. :wtf:

I'm so sorry you didn't get it TrebleRose. :( You deserved it a lot more than she did.

So weird that he chose that person, doesn't seem random, but who knows! Security were kinda idiots when it came to that kind of stuff. I tried asking for a setlist, even told the guy where it was, that I saw them tape it over by the sign language lady... you would have thought I was speaking an alien language. :rolleyes:

I understand if you don't want to do something like that - if that's the case, then when someone asks you say no, or even say "I'm not allowed to" (lie if you have to) but to look me in the face and pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about, even after I've described what it looks like and where it's located, is just irritating...

865333.gif This is like a support group :LOL:

Cally, it sounds like the security guard must have either known that girl, or she'd asked him ahead of time to get it for her. Either way, it's so unfair and ridiculous :supersad: My only consolation is knowing that Dom looked at me and acknowledged my existence :LOL: (cue fangirl swooning here :p).

I'm sure it'll work next time though (or I will die trying :LOL:). And I'm sure you'll all hear about it because I will be bouncing off the walls with joy and talking about it everywhere :chuckle:

I feel bad that my drumstick tragedy has kinda taken over the thread :chuckle: The same thing happened with the scrapbook thing in NJ. Having pathetic sob-stories involving mean security people is apparently becoming my trademark on this forum. :LOL:

awwww, but like you said you have the satisfaction of knowing that Dom saw you and at least wanted to give it to you! :D

So weird that he chose that person, doesn't seem random, but who knows! Security were kinda idiots when it came to that kind of stuff. I tried asking for a setlist, even told the guy where it was, that I saw them tape it over by the sign language lady... you would have thought I was speaking an alien language. :rolleyes:

I understand if you don't want to do something like that - if that's the case, then when someone asks you say no, or even say "I'm not allowed to" (lie if you have to) but to look me in the face and pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about, even after I've described what it looks like and where it's located, is just irritating...

The security guy by us told us that he wasn't allowed to get the setlist, which is a lie because I've gotten a setlist from security before.

Archived