The Ruled by Secrecy Revival Thread

jrallen

There has been a serious lack of piano-based song singles. Look at how many singles there were that featured piano:

Sunburn

Feeling Good

Apocalypse Please (charity)

There really HAS to be a piano-based song in the next album that is good enough for single status. If not, please play more of AP,RbS, Sunburn and Hoodoo. No FG please, most of us either hate it or got bored of it.

They played Apocalypse Please, Sunburn, and Feeling Good at my concert, and they were all great. I see what you mean, though, by Feeling Good not being that great. But the megaphone, and when Matt throws the confetti is really awesome. Plus everybody sung along, which makes everything better. Sunburn was just okay, it was the only song from Showbiz they played, which is good since they have so much better stuff. Apocalypse Please, though, that was amazing. You could actually feel the piano shaking the ground. They should definitely play that regularly. I was disappointed they didn't do Citizen Erased though, that would have probably been my favorite song of the night.

There has been a serious lack of piano-based song singles. Look at how many singles there were that featured piano:

Sunburn

Feeling Good

Apocalypse Please (charity)

There really HAS to be a piano-based song in the next album that is good enough for single status. If not, please play more of AP,RbS, Sunburn and Hoodoo. No FG please, most of us either hate it or got bored of it.

Butterflies and Hurricanes!? The piano is quite prominant... IYW and New Born begin with piano, though their not exactly piano based.

The trouble is, any radio-friendly piano based song is going to end up too much like Coldplay or Keane if it has any chance of getting much play.

Butterflies and Hurricanes!? The piano is quite prominant... IYW and New Born begin with piano, though their not exactly piano based.

The trouble is, any radio-friendly piano based song is going to end up too much like Coldplay or Keane if it has any chance of getting much play.

That's the sad part though.:(

:stunned:

Citizen Erased > Everything :pimp:

Bliss > ALL.

Period.

I love Feeling Good live and on the album, but Ruled by Secrecy should be played live again. Feels like they play some songs to death live and then forget it for some time and then bring it back in all it's glory!

Stockhom Syndrome

Feeling Good

Citizen Erased

Space Dementia

for instance... and unintended has popped up from the shadows on some gigs. muscle museum seems to be given a rest now.

Bliss is definitely not the best Muse song, although it IS one of their best work.

Original. Catchy. Displays great guitar work and arpeggios. Beautiful lyrics.

If I HAD to choose the best Muse song, it would be a toss up between New Born and Citizen Erased.

To me, both show what makes Muse the fantastic band they really are. Excellent studio versions aside, both songs are close-to-flawless live. They both receive regular improvisations too, so as to prevent the song from sounding boring.

It's a pity that CE has to be played as a "surprise" song. It definitely deserves to be a set regular.

New Born, I feel, is the best Muse song live; along with CE/SFA/B&H/Bliss. This is the one song that , if dropped, will cause a terrible uprising and probably the death of Muse's fanbase.

Bliss is definitely not the best Muse song, although it IS one of their best work.

Original. Catchy. Displays great guitar work and arpeggios. Beautiful lyrics.

If I HAD to choose the best Muse song, it would be a toss up between New Born and Citizen Erased.

To me, both show what makes Muse the fantastic band they really are. Excellent studio versions aside, both songs are close-to-flawless live. They both receive regular improvisations too, so as to prevent the song from sounding boring.

It's a pity that CE has to be played as a "surprise" song. It definitely deserves to be a set regular.

New Born, I feel, is the best Muse song live; along with CE/SFA/B&H/Bliss. This is the one song that , if dropped, will cause a terrible uprising and probably the death of Muse's fanbase.

Oh I so agree. It’s my dream to see them performing it live (and, again – as a closer!). And though it is EXTREMELY hard to choose one best Muse song, I still think it’s Bliss. New Born, no doubt, is an amazing song and it will always be one of the best Muse songs ever. As well as CE, but I think, the best of CE is how amazing it sounds live.

I can’t even imagine how beautiful is Bliss live…

I can’t even imagine how beautiful is Bliss live…

It's very very beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it at Wembley. Part of it was due to the fact that I thought it was not going to be played that night, but oh wells.:rolleyes:

My parents never stopped teasing me since. They reckon I lost my manhood that night, when I cried over a bloody song.:$

But seriously, how can one resist the phenomenon that is Bliss extended and live?

It's very very beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it at Wembley. Part of it was due to the fact that I thought it was not going to be played that night, but oh wells.:rolleyes:

My parents never stopped teasing me since. They reckon I lost my manhood that night, when I cried over a bloody song.:$

But seriously, how can one resist the phenomenon that is Bliss extended and live?

Indeed. But, actually, when I've cried because of Muse, it was when I found out they played MM in Moscow. I think I was just tormented by the fact it was the next gig after mine :LOL: It was stupid, though... but I was so MAD then :rolleyes:

Feeling Good has actually grown on me lately. :$

The lyrics are fun to sing, and for some reason I really like the Isle of Wight performance. It could do with a rest though.

I still can't believe Ruled By Secrecy is back. Get chills just thinking about the chance of seeing it live. :happy:

I agree with both of those statements. I'm looking forward to seeing what the set list is on Friday, I don't wanna ruin it b4hand tho

I'd agree with this on some days.

RBS> Butterflies and Hurricanes, Knights of Cydonia, Map of the Problematique and all those other ones Muse like to play live lots

+1.

Ruled by Secrecy live plays on your emotions, draws you in and then shocks with it's spine-chilling solo. I doubt even Knights of Cydonia can match up to RbS live.

After hearing the bootleg of RbS live at Sydney, I've come to realise that it's one of the best live songs.

I agree with both of those statements. I'm looking forward to seeing what the set list is on Friday, I don't wanna ruin it b4hand tho

I'm quite sure you'll get either Dead Star or Hyper Music. My fear is that they'll axe Fury in favor of the above songs! I'd rather see Fury live than Dead Star and Hyper Music.

I dont know about you, but you'll be damn lucky to get either of the three songs or maybe even ALL THREE! :).

And I'm very sure you'll get Ruled by Secrecy, perhaps at the expense of CE.

Indeed. But, actually, when I've cried because of Muse, it was when I found out they played MM in Moscow. I think I was just tormented by the fact it was the next gig after mine :LOL: It was stupid, though... but I was so MAD then :rolleyes:

Awww.. :'(.

I'm just as sad as you about MM being gone forever. It's such a fun singalong live, and that riff is one of my favourites.

Archived