• 5 weeks later...

Man Of Mystery may have been a pretty thowaway release but it’s actually a fucking dope cover that was underplayed back in its day and 100% deserves a comeback as an interlude where Matt doesn’t leave the stage, rotated with Minimum.

Honestly boys, just chuck me a cabasa and get me in the band and there would never be a setlist complaint ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of Absolution. Taking a pretty long break from it, and from a lot of Muse, gave me a lot more appreciation for the things I knew I liked about it, and already knowing what I didn't like so much about it (bland mix/mastering, lack of blend) led me to enjoy the good more and mind the bad less. Especially Apocalypse Please came off a lot more like it was probably intended to.

• 3 weeks later...

Endlessly.

I don't know, I replayed it so many times this week after listening to it for the first time (in a while?). But... its creepiness and subtle tones are sucking me in... the synthetic carrousel accordion sound especially... hopelessly I'm escaping this song endlessly and I'll give everything to stop... I know I can quit it anytime in a while but the said 'accordion' bit is reminding me to play it one more time to make me feel that I'm done with this song... and then the cycle repeats again... and the moment of over-ness never comes.

Eternally Missed (after the By Request show), Prague and Easily.

They're all B-sides, which I had never really listened to any of up until now other than Fury and Futurism. I must say I love these b-sides a lot, their lyrics really touch me and I interpret them in my own personal way.

Dead Inside is the best song Muse have done since the highlights from BH&R.

In fact, I'll just go the whole hog and say Drones really is not a bad album at all - if it ended after Revolt, or a more sober version of Aftermath.

For me I’ve recently started loving The Globalist again. Yeah sure, the transitions aren’t the smoothest, but each of the 3 sections are ace imo. It would have worked much better as 3 separate songs (which would obviously need to be lengthened), perhaps a trilogy of songs to end the album. But in it’s actual format I still really like it and I think the core parts are all very good

Edited by LewisF

• 2 months later...

I recently came across the 98 EP version of Overdue. I never heard it before now because I mixed this version with 99 EP version, which is 98% similar to the Showbiz version and also because maybe Overdue is my least favorite song of the record to begin with.

BUT

hearing this completely new version of it comes as a very welcomed fresh air.

Also, i don't why but the bridge gives me something human-ish vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAOe2uCbq8

I recently came across the 98 EP version of Overdue. I never heard it before now because I mixed this version with 99 EP version, which is 98% similar to the Showbiz version and also because maybe Overdue is my least favorite song of the record to begin with.

BUT

hearing this completely new version of it comes as a very welcomed fresh air.

Also, i don't why but the bridge gives me something human-ish vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAOe2uCbq8

That's so drenched in the 90s, lol.

I like it though!