Shine (Acoustic).

Relearnt it on guitar and grown me fingernails out a bit so it's quite fun.

Plus it's just a lussssssshhhhhh song innit. Forgot how lovely it was. That build-up and 'big' release for "Pleeeease don't break...", unf.

Edited by Jobby

That also :happy: Then the lil synth arpeggios gradually slowing down <3

Reminds me a wee bit of Radiohead's original version of True Love Waits back in '95 (or '96?), which might be my fave song ever.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but it's the Oslo version for me. 2nd and 3rd verses seem better positioned switched around imo

(Sorry to any non-Radiohead fans)

Map of the Problematique... I never really liked it as I felt it didn't really go anywhere... but something has clicked and I like it now.

I remember Matt saying that he thought MotP would be the future of Muse and I was like :eek: - but this I'm guessing this is how we got eventually got Madness/Dead Inside/Dig Down :D

There was a brief moment while touring when Matt would hold the "riiiight" in "can't get it riiiiiiiiiight" - anyone know when this was? Haven't been able to find it again on YouTube.

There was a brief moment while touring when Matt would hold the "riiiight" in "can't get it riiiiiiiiiight" - anyone know when this was? Haven't been able to find it again on YouTube.

Wembley '07 night 1, no? That's the only instance I think I've heard.

Shine (Acoustic).

Relearnt it on guitar and grown me fingernails out a bit so it's quite fun.

Plus it's just a lussssssshhhhhh song innit. Forgot how lovely it was. That build-up and 'big' release for "Pleeeease don't break...", unf.

Tbph I prefer the original version of the song (not acoustic) heaps. It's thrown carelessly into the EP of Feeling Good/Hyper Music – though to some degree I think it's very cool they stash the "better" version (IMHO) in a less mainstream release.

I'd weirdly fallen out of love with B&H for quite a while. Didn't do anything for me anymore, and the lyrics were Survival before it's time.

Seeing it played this tour, though, it was pretty immense. The ending was something else.

Is this really the song Matt said wasn't working out well live so they dropped it early in the Drones era? :noey:

No, it's the song he said didn't sound good when they soundchecked it, which I think is something people misunderstand a lot. The fact that it always sounds good live doesn't refute what Matt said. It could just mean that...well they only play it when they think it sounds good.

• 2 months later...