Can we pls talk about how fucking amazing Hate This & I'll Love You is.

That last "Getting strooong in every way/YEEEEEAAAAH/Woa-ooooooh/*gorg falsetto*"

i'm sorry but what the fUCK

:facemelt:

Do We Need This came up on shuffle and I was reminded of it's awesomeness.

The bass in the song is enough for me to love it.

Oof, great shout. Not listened to it in a while but easily one of their best b-sides.

Amazing vocals, just like most of the Showbiz days. Love the piano in the first verse + chorus as well.

Imagine if you traveled back in time and let 2002 Bellamy hear what his band would sound like 15 years later. Is there any chance he'd believe you?

I've thought about that a fair few times actually.

It's usually followed with the realisation that he'd probs stop giving a shit as soon as you told him he'd also be a millionaire, living in LA and dating supermodels :chuckle:

I've thought about that a fair few times actually.

It's usually followed with the realisation that he'd probs stop giving a shit as soon as you told him he'd also be a millionaire, living in LA and dating supermodels :chuckle:

'The models will have children, we'll get a divorce, we'll find some more models, everything must run its course.'

Can we pls talk about how fucking amazing Hate This & I'll Love You is.

Last song I listened to before I went to bed last night having listened to a lot of old Muse stuff throughout the weekend. Agree that HTAILY is an absolute gem.

Imagine if you traveled back in time and let 2002 Bellamy hear what his band would sound like 15 years later. Is there any chance he'd believe you?

I kind of asked that in the forum-submitted questions thing last year.

What would your Showbiz era selves say about the music you make now?

Wow, weird.

King of the understatement, that boy.

I've really neglected MK Ultra over the last few years but over the last couple of days I've really re-discovered its brilliance. Started playing it after falling in love with The Handler again, and it just reminded me what a good song it is. Also Showbiz and City Of Delusion, which I also hadn't listened to for a while and kind of forgot just how good they are.

I've really neglected MK Ultra over the last few years but over the last couple of days I've really re-discovered its brilliance. Started playing it after falling in love with The Handler again, and it just reminded me what a good song it is. Also Showbiz and City Of Delusion, which I also hadn't listened to for a while and kind of forgot just how good they are.

I love that long shout on 'avenge' in CoD. Gives me shivers every time.

I remember when I told someone there was no chance in hell they were going to play it at the last Wembley show. What a great time to be wrong, haha! Shame my brain had already melted from Bliss and Citizen Erased so I don't remember it that much, haha! :chuckle:

For 5 years straight I loathed Follow Me.. but lately I am starting to enjoy the hell out of it :eek:

Is there something wrong with me? Or is this natural after hearing Dick Town? I mean, at least FM is kinda inspired.. :erm:

• 3 weeks later...
Futurism - one of their best choruses and outros. Guitar tone and vocals are just facemelting.

Stupid decision to keep it off the album just 'cos they couldn't do it live.

And best bass lines. Just overall a fantastic song. The G5 just tops it all off :awesome:

• 1 month later...

Probs say this on every page but Hate This & I'll fucking Love You. Unffffffffffff.

Hands down the best chorus they've ever put to record imo, but there's just something about those "I'm getting strong in every way ('stronger every day' in the early versions - which I also love)" melodies that's so perfect, my god.

CRIMINAL that it wasn't in the SBE vote and asking the band to revisit it has just risen in my priorities for before/after the gig. Seen it starting to gain a bit more love over the last year so hopefully, after this gig, it'll become one of the next 'it' requests that the fanbase gets behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Animals.

Honestly, the line "kill yourself, come on and do us all a favour" can strike a bad chord within depending on the mood and the context it's being taken on (but seriously, don't follow Muse's advice here), but for me it's just sung so powerfully I can't not like its delivery.

Still though, no one here should kill themselves. It will do no one a favour.

Edited by panikstacey