The Chord?

The Second Advent. First time was called "Jesus", now we simply call it, "The Chord".

[YT]

[/YT]

Isn't that the Earls Court version? That was the first time it was ever played live.

I definitely prefer the 2005 versions, although it's still great. I just wish they hadn't killed it in the studio.

I miss the chorus falsetto in the 2005 versions (unless I'm remembering them wrong)

I miss the chorus falsetto in the 2005 versions (unless I'm remembering them wrong)

I know what you mean :awesome:

this falsetto

which is missing here

and ofc in the studio version. Big mistake, Muse, big mistake.

I prefer it without that falsetto, it detracts from the punchiness of the riff. That post chorus bit in the 2005 version is my favourite part of the song - Dom's drumming is so beefy.

I don't think it's a particularly interesting riff to begin with which is probably why I prefer the added melody of the falsetto.

MK Ultra – I admit, I have never gotten the hype for this song, it was always one of the songs I'd skip in The Resistance. But lately I've been giving it a chance, and now it's on repeat.

MK Ultra is the only unskippable track on TR, so far as I'm concerned :LOL:.
Damn, your opinion on TR has changed drastically over the years.

Really? :erm:.

I actually don't really dislike anything off TR, save for Guiding Light. It just has relatively few high points, but is relatively consistent in terms of quality.

I think the biggest issue I have with TR these days is how the songs translate live - the remaining ones really are quite bland live, and the others that have ebbed away were too.

It's all just a bit flat, so-so, meh in retrospect. I'd rate it alongside T2L but for very different reasons, in so much as T2L was a really marmite album for me. The (few) high points were very high and the (many) low points were extremely low.

Tbh though, I can't remember what I thought seven years ago.

I was looking through some old threads in search for what I myself had written about the album at the time of the release, and found posts from you up until like 2011 where you were praising the album.

But then again, I praised T2L when it came :LOL:

Really? :erm:.

I actually don't really dislike anything off TR, save for Guiding Light. It just has relatively few high points, but is relatively consistent in terms of quality.

I think the biggest issue I have with TR these days is how the songs translate live - the remaining ones really are quite bland live, and the others that have ebbed away were too.

It's all just a bit flat, so-so, meh in retrospect. I'd rate it alongside T2L but for very different reasons, in so much as T2L was a really marmite album for me. The (few) high points were very high and the (many) low points were extremely low.

Tbh though, I can't remember what I thought seven years ago.

I'm fairly certain our musical covers of US and MK Ultra are knocking around on youtube somewhere.

I'm fairly certain our musical covers of US and MK Ultra are knocking around on youtube somewhere.

Oh hai you - long time, long time. They are indeed - and they still sound ace :awesome:.

Find me on Facebook.

Why did no one boot some sense into me when I used to skip over The Small Print? Dear god I'm such a fool.

Edited by BlueEyedFloozy

The small print oh yesssss

It's all about survival for me rn. Song is fucking hilarious

Ok not a song but the second/outro riff in Execution Commentary (1:32 onwards) is seriously the chunkiest, beefiest bastard of a riff they've got imo (maybe bar the palm-mute+harmonic outro for live Assassin). Might not sound that massive on record but you know it'd be an absolute face-melter live. Wish they used it, like, ever.

Actual full songs: Invin, Map, Hoodoo, Glorious, Easily and even a bit of Starlight (soppy BH&R, basically)