Yeah, Dead Inside is an awesome song. It's grown on me after a "meh" first listening. One of, if not the best Muse's pop song. It's up there with Madness, which I find great too.

Sing for Absolution. So much better than any post-BH&R attempt at balladry, I'd forgotten how good that bridge is.

Also Apocalypse Please. Just a pity the piano gets slightly lost in the mix at times.

Edited by Alec.

Dead Inside.

It's just a really great song.

:yesey: :yesey: It's just like a highly improved Madness. That last chorus when the guitar kicks in is one of my favourite Drones moments. Just wish Matt could hit that "don't leave me out in the cold" the way he does on the record.

Map. Really is the song I love to bits and makes any set 5 percent better. One of their best electronic rock tracks done right.

Dead Inside is still killed for me by the lyrical and vocal fromage. The falsetto bits end up sounding slightly hysterical rather than affecting.

Assassin (GOB)

I think the bits sounding a bit desperate added to the song for me; it's about someone losing their mind and having a breakdown. Made it feel more rawly emotional.

I find the Drones ballads just... simper too much. I like a bit of desolation and desperation as much as the next guy, but don't like how Dead Inside does it.

A million times better than its a-side, but compared to the rest of BHaR (minus Soldier's Poem and Exo Politics) it is a wet fish.

I'll go down the middle here and say Easily's just good. Probably one of my favourite b-sides but it's quite middle of the pack for me compared to the rest of BH&R stuff (which isn't an insult by any means).

Come on you like Invincible better?

if ur an invin h8r, i'll b seein u l8r

Because it's terrible.

What

If you had to choose, which is better, Easily or Glorious? (As you hate them both)

Normally I'm obviously okay with people liking or disliking different songs...

Except in the case of Glorious. Disliking Glorious is just plain factually wrong.

And from me, as with lots of other people, Dead Inside. I wasn't too keen when I first heard it on Annie Mac's show, and was quite disappointed to be honest, but it's a grower and a fantastic song. Everything about it is just amazing in my opinion

Jumping on the Easily discussion, gave it a proper listen for the first time in ages and it's amazing. That bassline is deadly.

If Glorious and Easily were on BH&R instead of Soldier's Poem/Starlight Black Holes would have been Muse's best album imo.