The whole of Absolution. Still love if after all these years, and I've gained a new appreciation for Chris and Dom's playing on Stockholm Syndrome and TODA.

+1

Although I don't really agree with Chris' playing in SS, it's pretty generic imo. But Dom on the other hand, his drumming in the verse's is genious, it's so powerful and really lift's the song.

+1

Although I don't really agree with Chris' playing in SS, it's pretty generic imo. But Dom on the other hand, his drumming in the verse's is genious, it's so powerful and really lift's the song.

I think Chris' bass work on SS does a good job of supporting Matt and Dom, there wasn't much room in that song for him to really stretch out. I've started appreciating Dom's drumming a lot more lately.

• 2 weeks later...
+1

I think Chris' bass work on SS does a good job of supporting Matt and Dom, there wasn't much room in that song for him to really stretch out. I've started appreciating Dom's drumming a lot more lately.

Whilst I understand the point you're making I wouldn't really call it generic as most shitty generic bass players that are in every fucking band these days can't finger pluck 16th notes at that tempo.

As Alec said there's not a lot of room for him to do much. The slide he does at the end of the second verse sounds so awesome though.

As Alec said there's not a lot of room for him to do much. The slide he does at the end of the second verse sounds so awesome though.

That slide properly caught my attention for the first time on Monday. For ages I didn't really notice it, but when I did :facemelt: Same with the drawn-out guitar bit on the second verse of Glorious.

• 2 weeks later...
Space Dementia.

ooh pretty piano, Matt can play. He can play Rachmaninoff. oooooooooohEighteen(?)

you make me SICK :LOL: quality lyrics here. Sounds a bit like the My Parents Are Aliens theme tune if it went psych bombastic and mental. LOVE that vocal effect, dunno what it is, but I've always liked it, sounds like how Julian sounds in the first Strokes album. Some laserbeam sounds now as he goes all quiet. Yes I get it you have a decent falsetto, get on with it ffs. Oh, twinkley keys and then a bit of doom rock sludgey heavy slow riffs and then it's over. oh no, there's some stupid feedback noise for absolutely no reason that isn't part of the song and then it's done.

I give it a 6/10. I certainly enjoyed it, but it did exactly what I don't like about Muse - it went all Musey. So much extraneous rubbish suffocating a good song. Less is more, Matt! I think he's too far gone to ever heed that though.