The whole song. I rarely give a damn about lyrics.

Ah, I see! I was just a bit curious if the judgement was based on the lyrics or not since I know quite a few whom the lyrics means almost everything to (at least that's what they say).

Me myself rarely give a damn about the lyrics either, I only see that as a bonus on top of the song, but yet again, that's just a opinion of mine.

Not so sure.

Starlight was what made me aware of Muse back when it came out, and I remembered the name till Uprising came out a few years later. I'm not sure if hearing Easily would've had as much effect on me, it's just not as catchy or memorable on first listen.

My judgement might've been out though, I was 10 when I first heard it lol.

Ah, I see! I was just a bit curious if the judgement was based on the lyrics or not since I know quite a few whom the lyrics means almost everything to (at least that's what they say).

Me myself rarely give a damn about the lyrics either, I only see that as a bonus on top of the song, but yet again, that's just a opinion of mine.

For me, lyrics enhance or subtract from the music.

--

Started listening to the whole of TR again.

I would say, for me, lyrics aren't the main attraction or reason I do/don't like a song, in most cases.

Yes, really amazing lyrics can make a good song great to me (and really terrible ones can harm my enjoyment of what would be a great song) - but normally I'm pretty neutral about it.

That said, I really do struggle with the lyrics to Survival, and I'm always amazed how awesome I find parts of the song while I'm trying to overlook them...

I would say, for me, lyrics aren't the main attraction or reason I do/don't like a song, in most cases.

Yes, really amazing lyrics can make a good song great to me (and really terrible ones can harm my enjoyment of what would be a great song) - but normally I'm pretty neutral about it.

That said, I really do struggle with the lyrics to Survival, and I'm always amazed how awesome I find parts of the song while I'm trying to overlook them...

Yeah that's true! I agree that amazing lyrics can help enhance the song since it usually becomes more interesting which in some cases also can become easier to relate to and therefor it becomes more likable.

Though for me the music on it's own weighs up the lyrics by alot so it would take some really really bad lyrics to ruin a song for me (I can't think of any scenario when the lyrics have ruined a song for me), though I must admit that bad lyrics actually can weigh down a song by a bit. I guess that I give a little damn about the lyrics afterall!

Edited by Marusken