For me, Muse have just got bad since Origin of Symmetry, but they are still a great live band. I love it when they play Uno and Hypermusic live, it's so energetic!

:eek: You don't like Absolution, their best album imo. Origin of Symmetry is great, and I sit there drooling for the first 6 or 7 songs (depends if I'm in the mood for CE & Micro Cuts), but Absolution, to me, has a better feeling to it, and works well with each song in turn.

:eek: You don't like Absolution, their best album imo. Origin of Symmetry is great, and I sit there drooling for the first 6 or 7 songs (depends if I'm in the mood for CE & Micro Cuts), but Absolution, to me, has a better feeling to it, and works well with each song in turn.

Absolution - Very well executed over-production, a couple of riffs, mostly crap lyrics, mostly slow boring niceties or lame attempts at pop songs (TIRO=Britney Spears "why don't you do su'in") and matt trying to sing like a cat? It's just a bit boring and lifeless compared to showbiz/OOS/Hullabuloo.

That's a silly thing to say. I love OoS like the next Muser, but I count Absolution as their best album. It's the most coherent and it has some really great songs on it.

Having said that, my most recent rediscovered song is Megalomania. It's stuck in my head now...

She can't have babies? IVF, mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Megalomania- I never made it past the intro before, but now I listen to it all just for the end note, which is just totally epic. When i first heard it all the way through I thought it was dead star (another song I didnt originally like) because of the line "Take off your disguise", which I thought was "take off your dead star"- I know thats stupid.

Hoodoo

Soldiers Poem

Blackout

Butterflies and Hurricanes

i still can't listen to most of Showbiz except Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Unintended, Cave, Filip, Uno and Sober.....scratch that, some of Showbiz.

yeah that leaves about two or three songs

overude, hate this and i'll love you and escape

Execution commentry. I've not listened to some b sides for a good while. i need to bundle them into a playlist.

the song is just crazy, but i like it.

*Muse play Stockholm Syndrome, ending with the Execution Commentary riff, then trash the stage*

Ah, good times. Good times.

Execution commentry. I've not listened to some b sides for a good while. i need to bundle them into a playlist.

the song is just crazy, but i like it.

Execution Commentary rocks! 1:26 and 1:36 onwards is so bloody funny :LOL:

Butterflies and Hurricanes and Hysteria...I think... :p

I've never really appreciated Hysteria that much until recently.....that bassline, it just gets me everytime! :eek::happy: