• 2 weeks later...
Have you heard the Absolution era version from 2005? Vastly better imo, should check it out if you haven't already :)

I consider myself a supermassive pwoper Muse fan, and thought I'd heard everything, but this is something new, which really shocks me. Thank you, because in my opinion this is much better than the BHaR version. Heavier and has a better chorus.

I've rediscovered Showbiz, and parts Of OOS. Mainly due to a newfound love for Muse and listening to entire albums at once. It made me see connections I had missed completely in the past. But I occasionally re-realise the amazingness of many songs. Soldier's Poem, for instance. Great song with a wonderful and sad message.

Honestly... Bliss & Unnatural Selection. Bliss because I randomly saw a gif of Matt upside down playing a solo at a really old show & it piqued my interest because HOW can he play under any and all circumstances?!

And Unnatural Selection because it randomly came up on shuffle and I was like wait, whaaat is this?! :p

• 1 month later...

Butterflies And Hurricanes.

It's always been one of better tracks from Abso but since my return to Muse, it's slowly becoming my top10 track. I don't know why really, but the piano part leaves me in awe more than it ever did before.. maybe I just really missed Muse?

Ain't listened to Muse for a few months but Cave might be the song that brings me back again. Feel like I rarely see it get love for some reason. Janky riffs, filthy bassline, soaring chorus, li'l quiet introspective bit into a big blowout ending - what more d'ya want?

Perfect club-venue song for going mental in some sweaty, claustrophobic crowd - 'specially 2:22 when the guitar goes low to follow the bass :facemelt: Can never go back to how slow the album version is compared to the live versions though.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the big build up to:

"Please don't break my ideals

And say what's fake was always real.

Hope was the one, now I'm gone

Take us back again."

that vocal :eek::D

It beautifully sums up disappointment that the "good old days" have gone. Timeless.

Take us back again."

It beautifully sums up disappointment that the "good old days" have gone. Timeless.

I agree, but I also think the acoustic version is much more emotional and the build up is better.

Take us back again."

It's "Take me back again" but, yeah, that's one of my favourite climaxes of any Muse song.

Edited by Jobby