There is a thing called confidentiality today... (although I do suspect colleagues will talk amongst themselves as you've said... but throughout the UK medical community...?)

Also its not really a big deal, confetti damaged his tastebuds. And it isn't as if finding out what happened and then finding a treatment will do the general population much good - as they don't eat confetti. Who is going to waste money funding a research paper on dangers of eating confetti.

Also Sanderson, just go to the doctor. They won't be so shocked and it is all confidential. Do you have any other symptoms apart from the salty taste such as fever? tiredness?

You tried MDMA?!?!?!

There's no violation of patient confidentiality when it's anonymous (and maybe somewhat discreet in other respects, as in censoring unique details that might make it possible to identify the patient.) This kind of medical human-interest story even makes the news on a regular basis, as with stories, often with X-rays, of people who improbably survived getting impaled in the head with a length of steel rebar or whatnot. The journal write-up I had in mind would be of the short blurb/humorous anecdote variety, BTW.

And there's definitely a number of doctors who keep collections of the oddball cases, and I'd guess that virtually all doctors enjoy gossiping about such cases on occasion. I've seen one such collection myself -- compiled by a radiologist aunt who had a freakshow stash of X-rays she'd quietly collected over the course of her career. And years ago I read online about one doctor (I'm pretty sure he was working in a hospital emergency room at one time, but that doesn't necessarily rule out his being a gastroenterology or proctology resident or what have you) who collected case histories of, er, unusual rectally-inserted objects that got stuck -- and eventually wrote them up (as a general phenomenon) for a journal. (And there's a lot more of those cases out there than you probably think.) Other oddball categories include: objects stuck in vaginas, huge bezoars, all sorts of swallowed objects, penile injuries stemming from kinky misuses of suction pumps, vacuum cleaners, etc., and even kinky, sometimes fatal accidents involving heavy machinery like forklifts.

[snip]That's really cool! I wanted to be an archeologist when I was a kid. Not sure why I changed my mind, really. :erm:

If it's any consolation, I read once that it takes on average about twelve frickin' years to earn a Ph.D. in that field, due to the expense and difficulties (some practical, some political) of accessing dig sites. The doctoral student will select a subject and begin the dig, only to be interrupted by a military coup or civil war or an insurgency of some sort... or they get sickened by a local bug or parasite that sends them back home for medical treatment... perhaps qualifying as an oddball case for some doctor's file! :LOL:

If it's any consolation, I read once that it takes on average about twelve frickin' years to earn a Ph.D. in that field, due to the expense and difficulties (some practical, some political) of accessing dig sites. The doctoral student will select a subject and begin the dig, only to be interrupted by a military coup or civil war or an insurgency of some sort... or they get sickened by a local bug or parasite that sends them back home for medical treatment... perhaps qualifying as an oddball case for some doctor's file! :LOL:

Ahem no!

Believe me that is not true :LOL: in most cases.

:awesome: thread is :awesome: ! :chuckle:

Confetti tongue collision (salt is forever).

you just killed me! :LOL::LOL:

that thread is :awesome:!!!

You might want to do a pregnancy test as well.

Contender for thread of the year.

So what do other Muse songs taste of?

I had a bit of a lick of mine too. Can't really explain why, just that it smelt quite good. The black one is mildly saltier than the red one i found.

:LOL: My fingers are crossed for you bb.

I love Musers. <3

I'll ask management if we can supply all Muse events with warning label...

"The following musical performance is not a food product. It is not suitable for human consumption. If ingested seek immediate medical attention. May contain traces of cheese."

...this thing makes no sense. It's a piece of paper, I don't see why it would leave a chronic taste of salt.

Does anyone else have any streamers left? Can anyone confirm these symptoms upon eating them?

Just for the record, the Muse message board and those who moderate and administrate it are not responsible for any chronic saltiness that may be experienced from eating Guiding Light confetti.

I was hungry

But I had only streamers

Then I decided to eat one

A confetti tongue collision

I had nothing left to lose

I took the time to choose

Then I ate the streamer

With no idea that...

The salt would be forever

And If I die

I'll still taste that flavour

And I, will taste it ever

Cause salt will be forever

My mouth is broken

Tastebuds fail to function

You ask for medical advice

But no one wants to listen

Taste,

The streamers colourful

Confetti looks so good

But you find the taste

Is like Bellamy's semen

Salt is forever

And If I die

Now I had nothing left to lose

Then I ate the streamer

With no idea that...

And If I die

Marry me please?

But don't kiss me. :awesome:

mmm.jpg

Come on, you know you want some... :eyebrows:

Om nom nom, salty streamers ftw !

Introducing the mcstreamer!

A bread-wrapped fistworth of salty goodness fresh from Wembley stadium's catering team!

picture.php?albumid=2344&pictureid=27971

(And for a five week period, buy a mcstreamer and get free guiding light cheese with your order!)

Things that I have eaten/drank/done to try and get rid of the salty taste in my mouth

• Brushing my teeth and tongue with multiple different pastes
  • Mouthwash
  • Various mints
  • Water
  • Mayonnaise
  • Juice's
  • Beer (I would try vodka but I am allergic)
  • wiping my tongue with bread
  • Garlic
  • Ginger
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Wasabi
  • Soy Sauce
  • Ketchup and salad cream mixed
  • Handful of chilli's
  • Mud
  • Lots of variety's of chocolate and sweets
  • Vindaloo
  • Chinese
  • Coating my tongue in paprika
  • Lemon and vinegar
  • mdma
  • Olive oil
  • The sachets of flavouring you get in Koka noodles
  • Whipped cream
  • Mustard
  • Mint sauce
  • Milkshake
  • Vaseline
  • Variety of Teas and hot drinks
  • Ice cream
  • Toast with many different toppings
  • Shampoo (I regret this one the most. Needless to say Dandy got a punch in the noggin, the crafty fiend!)

You didn't try with some Marimite :pope: ?! the most horrible thing I tasted in my whole life btw.

I must say this thread was the highlight of my weekend.

I was hungry

But I had only streamers

Then I decided to eat one

A confetti tongue collision

I had nothing left to lose

Then I ate the streamer

With no idea that...

And If I die

My mouth is broken

Tastebuds fail to function

You ask for medical advice

But no one wants to listen

Taste,

The streamers colourful

Confetti looks so good

But you find the taste

Is like Bellamy's semen

Salt is forever

And If I die

Now I had nothing left to lose

Then I ate the streamer

With no idea that...

And If I die

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I can finally listen to that song. :awesome:

There's no violation of patient confidentiality when it's anonymous (and maybe somewhat discreet in other respects' date=' as in censoring unique details that might make it possible to identify the patient.) [/quote']

They would need the subject's consent to publish in a legitimate medical journal. Fortunately on the messageboard, we don't need consent to turn confetti-eating into the most epic thread of all-time.

salanderson, I'd say at this point, stop putting things in your mouth. The enzymes in your saliva would have wiped out a residual substance by now, so the "taste" you're experiencing is probably just a sensory illusion due to ablation or nerve damage in your taste buds. The good news? Unlike love, taste buds are not fowever. They regenerate in 10 days or so. I had taste bud damage during a tonsillectomy that lasted for weeks and made anything sweet taste like ... you know. It did get better, without eating marmite or anybody's happy juice. Take zinc supplements as zinc plays a major role in taste bud regeneration. Go forward with seeing a doc though. Be sure to explain that the confetti was shot out of a cannon so they know you probably ate explosive residue. And print out this entire thread and give it to your doctor when finished ... put that in yer medical journal ... :LOL:.

Just some quotes I like. Sorry for this so much long post :p !

My dad do like it, really. Sure that a lot of the UK people doesn't like Marmite anyway :) .

/end of the "Who likes Marmite ?" debate

Haha that is true.

Anyways.

So today is the day we find out how seriously medical professionals take this.

If it is they will charge double the price.. 20 quid for a streamburger on dom bread..

..i'll have two of those with cheese pls and a tasty beverage to wash it down with!

:chuckle::LOL:

I have to stop reading this thread at work... they already think me nuts here; the laughter coming from my cubical only confirms it for them! :LOL:

Definitely thread of the year, if not the century!

Do you reckon Salanderson has checked himself into a hospital? Well, I hope they have wifi there so he can keep us updated. It's been awhile; I'm getting worried. I hope he hasn't overdosed on salt, semen, MDMA and vaseline.

We should have a Best Thread category in the Museboard awards next year. And this has to be the top nominee. I'm dead serious... I'd vote for it. Salanderson needs that title under his username.

Definitely. This is the best thread since the Chicken Killing thread. :yesey: