Wembley Stadium 11th (IN EAR MONITOR RECORDING)

caville

Topic has been validated. Download away.

For those wondering, this is how I think the recorder obtained them (I'm guessing but I would love for someone to correct me or to tell me I'm right!)

The in-ear monitors are connected to radio-transmitters strapped to the back of their trousers. As there are no wires to the monitor mixing desk, these would have to be connected wirelessly, probably using radiowaves along different channels. For someone to pick these channels up, it wouldn't require anything high-tech. So technically, these recordings can be obtained at any concert which radiotransmitter monitors are used?

Transmitter and receiver

The most common professional stage in-ear monitor system employs the use of a wireless system to send the mix to the IEMs. This system contains a transmitter and a receiver pack that is worn by the performer. There is generally a transmitter for each monitor mix and there is always a receiver for each IEM. The transmitters usually output either one stereo mix or two mono mixes. When the transmitters are set up for two mono mixes, one transmitter can be used for two different mixes. Any number of receivers can receive a single mix. The output from a receiver is generally too weak to power two monitors at the same time.

The Transmitters and Receivers transfer audio wirelessly via a VHF or UHF radio frequency. Generally speaking, UHF systems sound much better than VHF systems and are therefore more expensive to purchase. UHF systems usually are less susceptible to frequency interference which adds to their level of quality.

Well there we go! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived