mapoftheglorious

I sent the message, and no I didn't insult him. I explained everything fully, I explained why the fans were acting hostile towards him (because of what we were losing as a result), and hopefully countered every misconception this guy might have had. I gave him no reason to write it off as an insult or not pa attention to what points were made. If he decides to ignore it (which may very well happen considering this guy), we're fucked and I'll probably find him and slap his shit next time I go to Miraflores (which I've been to regularly).

:LOL: DO IT!!!!!

Got a reply from him

"Entendido amigo, me convenciste, solo así la gente se puede entender, el video será eliminado. :) Avisa a todos que ya eliminé el video."

I understand friend, you convinced me, I understand now the video is gone :) I'll advise to anyone else to delete the video.

I guess I was right to be straightforward and explain it to him instead of more hate mail.

This was the same message I sent to him by the way (untranslated)

As I'm sure you've noticed you've been recieving quite a bit of hate from people about the video you uploaded of Darkshines from the Reading Festival. All of these people are Muse fans such as yourselves, and the reason they're asking you to remove the video is a good reason if you'll just listen to what I have to say for this message.

You see, when Liam (the creator of the Reading DVD) was editing the footage he was contacted by an anonymous person who had some professional audio of the gig. This was a huge favor to the fans seeing as we were now given professional audio of the songs the BBC decided to not broadcast.

The person who provided the professional audio had recordings for several more concerts such as Muse's gig at Wembley Stadium in 2010. However, he would only give out that audio under the condition that no one else upload it besides Liam, the creator of the DVD's because of copyright laws. At the moment the only place other than directly from Liam that has uploaded this audio is your video. As long as your video stays up you are keeping the Muse fans, even yourself, from enjoying many other concerts in high quality audio.

I'm not here to insult you, or call you names like many others have. I'm politely asking you to remove the video from YouTube entirely so the fanbase can enjoy many other releases of the same quality. If you want to share the performance give people the link to the torrent at musebootlegs.com where the whole DVD is available for free, but do not upload the songs yourself.

We're not trying to be selfish and keep it for ourselves, we're trying to make it so Muse fans everywhere can get many more treats from these recordings. We've all done our part to keep the audio from leaking so it would be a great favor to us if you could do the same and remove the video from the internet. Thank you.

well I do have the apps audio in 320 audio so compared to the original DVD version its alot better.

Im re-editing the vids right now. If theres any call for it I can upload the new version to musebootlegs of reading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3y8gOfbK4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGTecAt1Cm4

Hell yeah it's amazing !!! A re-edition would be so perfect knowing that it's been nearly a year :p

So...Is that it? It's down? We can get the HQ Wembley audio? It's the one Muse thing I'm excited about more than any other at the moment. I need a HQ recording of that gig...Liam? Are we good to go? :dance:

Nice Theoden video too! :chuckle:

Got a reply from him

"Entendido amigo, me convenciste, solo así la gente se puede entender, el video será eliminado. :) Avisa a todos que ya eliminé el video."

I understand friend, you convinced me, I understand now the video is gone :) I'll advise to anyone else to delete the video.

I guess I was right to be straightforward and explain it to him instead of more hate mail.

actually he said "tell everyone that i deleted the video" not the advise thingy.

I hope that was the case :LOL:

I do too... :LOL:

Anyway? We good to go? Awesome! Can't wait!!! :D

Hopefully I can get it and convert it to just the video by Saturday, so I can watch it in the car on my way to Great Yarmouth :)

If not, I'll just watch Reading again ;)

yay finally. I'll get in contact with Paul about posting the disks for upload.

sorry tom, no chance by saturday.

Okay, no worries!!!! I'll entertain myself with Reading! :D

Just glad you can get it out there for us all, would have been a shame if it never got out!

Do you plan on doing another DVD on the upcoming tour?

EDIT: Also, are we doing the PM only share, or a password or something, to stop the same thing happening?

Archived