Whats stopping them playing CE with the towers :erm:

(A)

CE starts on ground

*piano mounted onto platform during the song*

Outro is played while the tower rises

then they can go into the piano version of Nishe.

or

(B)

Play the whole thing on the ground.

Option A would be the way they would do if if they do. I still don't think it's going to happen.

They made B&H work in Turin last winter, surely they can make CE work.

Good point. In Turin, they went B&H --> Nishe --> USoE.

Surely, CE --> Nishe --> USoE would be a much easier and smoother transition into the piano section, since B&H goes guitar/piano/guitar, while CE goes from guitar to piano and then finito.

Also interesting to note: Muse played CE --> Nishe --> USoE at both the Wembley Saturday night and Manchester stadium gigs, perhaps testing it out in anticipation of the fall tour? :awesome:

Edit: Actually, they've been doing CE --> Nishe --> USoE for most of the summer tour it seems. They could totally do it, towers be damned.

Disclaimer: We all know how this goes, so don't ya'll dare get your hopes up.

First off

>pwoper

knock that shit off

Second off, it wouldn't take that long to roll it out.

See, I don't see the point of Nishe with CE. After the CE outro and applause, they can just go straight into USOE/Piano songs

The point of Nishe is that it's technically a "song" that makes their total song count for the show/tour look better than it really is. :p;)

I like the towers a lot and think the pyramid set-up looks kinda dumb, though I've read the stadium set-up looks much better in person than in photos/videos. Anyway, I wouldn't care if they went one extreme or the other with their production because they've already demonstrated that it has nothing to do with their song selection by playing all kinds of older songs throughout the tour. In the end, we're just at the mercy of their whims! :confused:

The towers get alot of hate, but i do think that WATU is one of the best intros ever made and works perfectley.

Too bad they haven't released a studio version :(, also i think Space dementia could work with the towers.

Assuming they will do that in America and knowing Muse they'll do that along with a load of rarities at a exclusive for twilight fans LOL.

Let's not do any of those and have a gig that actually focuses on the music and not the fancy visuals!

:LOL:

:awesome:

The towers are dull and restrictive, terrible.

Basically. I mean, I don't think they're the worst thing ever, but it seems they are very restricting when it comes to the setlist.

I like the WATU intro but it doesn't exactly help with setlists. Neither does the way Muse seem to order things though.

I do think the tour is likely to be:

We Are The Universe (Intro)

Uprising (album version)

Resistance

New Born + riff

Supermassive Black Hole

MK Ultra/Map of the Problematique + riff

Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black riff

Guiding Light/Neutron Star Collision (maybe Butterflies & Hurricanes once)

Nishe + United States of Eurasia

Feeling Good (Ruled by Secrecy 2nd night in LA)

MK Jam (?) + Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Riff + Unnatural Selection

House of the Rising Sun + Time is Running Out + riff

Plug in Baby

Overture

Stockholm Syndrome + riffs

Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Depressing as it is, that's likely to be the show.

It'll be :awesome::awesome: if Muse prove me wrong though.

Personally, I hope they bring the hexagon background to voodoo and acl. I really wanna see them.

Both are festivals so chances are they'll use the Hexagon screens. That or you'll get the projected towers that Clunge mentioned above.

Setlist wise, I've a feeling we won't see any drastic changes until the Aussie gigs.

Let's not do any of those and have a gig that actually focuses on the music and not the fancy visuals!

:LOL:

They did that for Glastonbury (apparently) and everyone complained about how they didn't bring the UFO.

Setlist wise, I've a feeling we won't see any drastic changes until the Aussie gigs.

There won't be any drastic changes - maybe a rarity if they feel like it - but the whole set will be mostly the same throughout again.

so we are most definitely getting the towers again? I haven't heard anything otherwise. It would of been cool if we were getting something different.

I am ok with this as I have seats for 2 out of the 3 shows I am going to this fall. I like getting that perspective of the show, much better for pictures and the overall feel of it.

It's kind of a shame we've accepted the fact that we'll get lack luster setlists. I wish we had more reason to hope for better. :LOL:

Ah well, I'm still excited to see muse twice this part of the tour anyways.

I'm still hoping for something different from the last time I saw them set list-wise even if it means getting NSC or IBTY, both of which would be fun to see live even if I like neither. I'm also prepared to get the same old set and will have a blast regardless. I'll try to avoid set list spoilers between the San Diego gig Wednesday and my show Oct. 23. It'll make any surprises that much more surprising, and if I get a repeat set then eh, no biggie.

so we are most definitely getting the towers again? I haven't heard anything otherwise. It would of been cool if we were getting something different.

I am ok with this as I have seats for 2 out of the 3 shows I am going to this fall. I like getting that perspective of the show, much better for pictures and the overall feel of it.

Yep, it's going to be the towers.

Archived