ClaireS

Brian May on bbc's breakfast this morning

Brian May was asked if anyone compared to the kind of stage presence Queen's Freddie Mercury had and he said the only people he could think of were Muse :)

The Queen influence has become more obvious over the past few years so it doesn't surprise me people are noticing. And Brian May would definitely be the best person to comment on it!

Wait, I thought they were a Radiohead tribute band :LOL:

Naah, that was 10 years ago, they have grown up and moved over to Queen now.

Yeah but moving on to GAGA, Doms folowing Matts lead. There is no turning back now. :facepalm::chuckle:

I like the Time Out magazine quote:

For some, the Teignmouth trio's blend of operatic alt. rock, gloomily epic synth pop and baroque metal is so ridiculously OTT it makes Queen sound like timid minimalists.

:LOL:

I wonder what should we expect for the future? :LOL:

The Queen influence has become more obvious over the past few years so it doesn't surprise me people are noticing. And Brian May would definitely be the best person to comment on it!

As a life-long Queen fan, I agree. Must be why I gravitate towards the newer Muse stuff :)

There is one other band whose live performances and stage personas really do match up to Muse's - Iron Maiden. Bruce and Steve run around non-stop like they're on speed, Janick is a madman, Adrian's just badass, Dave stands there just not giving a s*** and Nicko is an insane drummer with a ridiculously fast foot. All this from a band in their 50's and 60's, it's fantastic! If you don't know them, listen to When The Wild Wind Blows and The Talisman off their latest album. Your mind will be blown.

That is all from me. Iron Maiden and Muse - in my opinion, the two greatest bands on the planet! :)