MUSE and MTV EXIT: MK Ultra Coming Soon!

musesuno

Just stumbled upon this and couldn't find anything on here. Is this true??????? Ive been thinking lately that MK needed its time in the spotlight.

http://vimeo.com/14822527

Heres what it said.....:D:D:D:D:D:D

MTV EXIT and alternative rock band MUSE have announced the upcoming released of a music video that dramatically highlights the dangers and impact of human trafficking. The video will be unveiled in special preview screenings during the band's Wembley Stadium concerts in the UK on September 10th and 11th, 2010.

Produced for the band's track MK Ultra from the album The Resistance, the video will premiere globally across all of MTV's properties on-air and on-line on Friday, September 17, 2010. Stay tune!

YES.

GET MK ULTRA OUT THERE.

It's the best song off The Resistance and should have been released as a single, let it have a go.

agree :D

Did you even read the article?

It's not being released as a single, or a music video, it's simply part 3 of a series of videos MTV have been doing re: Human trafficking.

lol exactly.

MK Ultra is one of the best songs and it shouldn't be released and I don't think it goes very well with the subject.

Like Map, Citizen Erased and Exo are all best unnreleased.

Do you even know what released means?

Maybe it's just best that Muse doesn't release any material at except to a small group of people including you, that way their songs will never be popular among the big masses and you can forever be happy knowing that you aren't sharing your favorite band with millions of other people.

Map of the problematique was a single btw.

And Exogenesis was released as a EP.

MK Ultra is one of the best songs and it shouldn't be released and I don't think it goes very well with the subject.

sorry, but i disagree. Yep Mk is about wiping peoples memories and all that, but trafficing is also about making people disapear Kind of simmilar in ways. Its about the worth of an individual, I do think it kind of works. But i also understand you wanting to protect the song.

sorry, but i disagree. Yep Mk is about wiping peoples memories and all that, but trafficing is also about making people disapear Kind of simmilar in ways. Its about the worth of an individual, I do think it kind of works. But i also understand you wanting to protect the song.

:yesey: if the song has been chosen, they obviously thought the lyrics were appropriate.

oh thanks for posting, i remember seeing the radiohead vid!

^^

Do you even know what released means?

Maybe it's just best that Muse doesn't release any material at except to a small group of people including you, that way their songs will never be popular among the big masses and you can forever be happy knowing that you aren't sharing your favorite band with millions of other people.

Map of the problematique was a single btw.

And Exogenesis was released as a EP.

GTFO amyparns92 :LOL:

Map and Exo were both, to some extent, 'released' anyways :LOL:.

And don't forget everyone trying to get CE into the top 40, that failed but still :chuckle:.

Also, shouldn't band be encouraged to release the best tracks from their albums? I'd much rather the single cycle for The Resistance had included MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection and I Belong To You than Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, etc.

Map and Exo were both, to some extent, 'released' anyways :LOL:.

And don't forget everyone trying to get CE into the top 40, that failed but still :chuckle:.

Also, shouldn't band be encouraged to release the best tracks from their albums? I'd much rather the single cycle for The Resistance had included MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection and I Belong To You than Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, etc.

No, because fans like feeling "special" because they like songs that aren't singles and/or very popular among the masses.

Does anyone know if either the Radiohead or Killers tracks were released as a single?

Just to put it to bed, because as far as I can tell, it's nothing to do with promoting/releasing MK ULTRA, it's to do with the actual campaign.

The only medium I could see it being released through is iTunes and that's only if it's due to demand.

Does anyone know if either the Radiohead or Killers tracks were released as a single?

Just to put it to bed, because as far as I can tell, it's nothing to do with promoting/releasing MK ULTRA, it's to do with the actual campaign.

The only medium I could see it being released through is iTunes and that's only if it's due to demand.

Neither were released as singles.

No, because fans like feeling "special" because they like songs that aren't singles and/or very popular among the masses.

Which is quite frankly a pathetic attitude to have. Muse's early singles remain some of their best work, their recent ones are awful. Bands should always release what they feel are their best and most appropriate songs as singles

Indeed.

I know The Killers track has never been played live or made a single release.

Archived