Other Bands Songs similar to a Muse Song

dead0citizen

• 1 month later...
The Dream Theater's song Never Enough is similar to Stockholm Syndrome.

I dunno if it is really... The riff bears resemblance to the first part of the Hysteria riff, and the song could be described as 'Musey.' But it's not similar to SS.

I dunno if it is really... The riff bears resemblance to the first part of the Hysteria riff, and the song could be described as 'Musey.' But it's not similar to SS.

Is similar. Even the band says it was a tribute to Muse. But has similarities with hysteria; but a but as musical form is similar to SS.

The Ghinzu song Cockpit Inferno has an intro that sounds a lot like something Muse would do. Then when they get into the guitar section at the beginning it almost sounds like it could be Assassin for a few chord changes. I think it's really interesting because the album was released before BHAR, Matt has said he is very influenced by Belgian rock (Ghinzu are Belgian), and Ghinzu even played a gig with Muse this tour at some point.

• 1 year later...
I said on another thread, rachmaninovs 2nd piano concerto in C minor part 1 (moderato?) has elements of space dimentia like the exact same tune at the 'and tear us apart and make us meaningless again'

Pretty cool :)

If anything, Space Dementia has elements of that song, not the other way around.

I said on another thread, rachmaninovs 2nd piano concerto in C minor part 1 (moderato?) has elements of space dimentia like the exact same tune at the 'and tear us apart and make us meaningless again'

Pretty cool :)

You mean Space Dementia directly lifts part of the first theme of the first movement?

Well, yeah. Given that the piece was written over a century ago, though...

Archived