dead0citizen

Other Bands Songs similar to a Muse Song

Don´t know if there´s already a thread about this, so here it is. if there is one please post the link and close this one. :)

me first: i think Glitter Freeze by Gorillaz is very similar to Uprising in many ways. The claps, the bass line and the synths.

what do you think?

In the new orange advert, does it play Collateral damage from united states of Eurasia, The reason i post in here, is that my boyfriend thinks that collateral damage is not by muse and is a cover by muse?

Can anyone help clear this up please?

In the new orange advert, does it play Collateral damage from united states of Eurasia, The reason i post in here, is that my boyfriend thinks that collateral damage is not by muse and is a cover by muse?

Can anyone help clear this up please?

It isn't by Muse, it's an altered rendition of Nocturne Op.9 No.2 by Chopin.

me first: i think Glitter Freeze by Gorillaz is very similar to Uprising in many ways. The claps, the bass line and the synths.

what do you think?

Yes, definetly :yesey: And speaking of glitter and Uprising, Rock n' Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter reminds me of Uprising a little bit. Especially the drums and the "Hey!":

This band called Muse made a song called New Born in 2000/01, I think this imitator band from the UK that are on all the twilight crap ripped it off with their song Unnatural Selection.

This band called Muse made a song called New Born in 2000/01, I think this imitator band from the UK that are on all the twilight crap ripped it off with their song Unnatural Selection.

Amagad I luv that band! That song Supermassive Hole iz soooooooo gud! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Yah totes.

i don't get how US and New Born are similar.

US also borrows the chorus harmonies and song format from Citizen Erased. :p

Song format? what does that mean?

If it is what I think it is, I would say that it's a lot closer to Assassin(GOB)

They both have 2 verses and choruses, followed by a slower interlude, a guitar solo, and then pick up pace for the outro. Two main differences: CE's interlude occurs during the second verse/chorus, and US is missing the ending piano. But with the bright harmonies and the New Born riff, my point is they took a lot of liberties from OoS for that song.

Around the world - Red Hot Chili Peppers always reminds me of some of Chris' riffs, maybe Hysteria more-so than others

They both have 2 verses and choruses, followed by a slower interlude, a guitar solo, and then pick up pace for the outro. Two main differences: CE's interlude occurs during the second verse/chorus, and US is missing the ending piano. But with the bright harmonies and the New Born riff, my point is they took a lot of liberties from OoS for that song.

They are really nothing alike in structure.

They are really nothing alike in structure.

The only real similarity I can find is that they both contain a slow part.

Citizen Erased is pretty much a standard song structure, just one verse and chorus is clean rather than distorted. There's nothing massively special about CE in that respect.

i don't get how US and New Born are similar.

The riffs are very similar, right down to individual notes.