Burning_October

Songs to Get Someone Into Muse?

Trying to get someone into Muse today, I shown them, amongst other songs, Stockholm Syndrome from Glastonbury 04, Citizen Erased from Wembley 10 and Hysteria from Reading 11.

Then I shown them Invincible and they said it was the best one I'd shown them.

Sigh.

Nothing from TR though.

:confused:

Exogenesis II and MK Ultra are decent and effective options for a 1st time Muse listener. At least, they have been in my experience.

Don't think it's possible to answer this, everyone likes different things and you can never tell when something will hit the spot for one person. For instance, I wouldn't show Undisclosed Desires to an infamous screamo fan even though they may well like it.

I would opt for the older songs, maybe even a b-side or two. Maybe one of the newer songs. My personal choices would be:

Plug In Baby

Sunburn

Dead Star

and...wait for it...

City of Delusion.

Yes. I opt for the lesser-known songs (except where PiB comes in).

for me it had to be time is running out, hysteria, B&H, undisclosed desires, supermassive black hole, defiantly resistance :), KoC, mk U...you get the picture

Totally addicted

I've come to find that Fury works for a lot of non-Musers when you blast it in the car :D

And Neutron Star Collision is a good one for the ladies, a nice love song, not to mention it was in Twilight so they may already know it. Same goes for Supermassive.

I don't really know which song is supposed to sound mainstream enough for someone like that to enjoy Muse, but one of the few songs that got me into Muse was Citizen Erased.

That is the one I use all the time and everyone loves it.

When I first saw Muse play New Born at the beginning of Reading, I instantly went to download Origin of Symmetry (I usually wait to get the vinyl version of an album, but I was too impatient). :)

For instance, I wouldn't show Undisclosed Desires to an infamous screamo fan even though they may well like it.

Why did you just copy something I said? :wtf:

Why did you just copy something I said? :wtf:

It's a bot, I think.

Ah, yes. :$ Must have missed that one on my spam patrol. Feel free to report any suspicious or bot-like posts. We can check out the profile and see if they really are one.

Neutron Star Collision

Really, a friend of mine ask me for a any song of any band i like, she is studying piano and is not very much into modern music, so i showed her the video of NSC of youtube without Twilight scenes, and she thinked that song rules. Then she asked me if ''The Muse'' are a very popular band, and then, i showed ''Butterflies & Hurricanes'' from HAARP.

Now, my friend is a muser.

Neutron Star Collision

Really, a friend of mine ask me for a any song of any band i like, she is studying piano and is not very much into modern music, so i showed her the video of NSC of youtube without Twilight scenes, and she thinked that song rules. Then she asked me if ''The Muse'' are a very popular band, and then, i showed ''Butterflies & Hurricanes'' from HAARP.

Now, my friend is a muser.

If I show someone NSC, that person would beat me :p

It really depends on the person to introduce.

For me it only would work with song like NB, SS, Hysteria, KoC, Assassin...and in the other hand Exo's, USE, BH...

And that doesn't mean that those are my favorite songs now. My fav album is by far OoS and I think this shouldn't be the album to introduce to anyone.

The first muse song I really liked was TIRO ;)

Some of my friends love them, most of my friends hate them, whether you like it or not, Muse is one of the biggest rock bands in the world, and they wouldn't have come this far without some great music

Muse is one of the biggest rock bands in the world

Why do you say so? Matt and Dom are not so tall. Only Chris is big.